16. Kurt Eklund
17. Karl Tu'inukuafe
18. Sione Mafileo
19. Aaron Carroll
20. Blake Gibson
21. Jonathan Ruru
22. TJ Faiane
23. Matt Duffie

Last edited by Ymx on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ymx

Match of the week, and possibly match of the entire tournament. Two undefeated teams that are both in great form. I am very excited!
Jim Lahey

Saders by 20.
Too good atm.
Ian Madigan for Ireland.
FujiKiwi

Thanks for setting up the match thread, YMX. Much appreciated. So looking forward to this one. The Crusaders clear favorites, but never say never.
Ymx

FujiKiwi wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:27 am Thanks for setting up the match thread, YMX. Much appreciated. So looking forward to this one. The Crusaders clear favorites, but never say never.
I asked AC on the other forum to set up a match thread and I just copied it. Even copied his follow up post. Ha ha.

Although, going forward I'm going to set up a web page with some code, so we can just select the home team/away team/and date, and it will auto generate the OP content. Will share it once I've got it working.
Kiwias

Good man, Ymx. This is a seriously mouth-watering clash, with the added spice of DC's more than likely debut for the Blues against his old team.

EDITED
Last edited by Kiwias on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
FujiKiwi

Kiwias wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:53 am Good man, Ymx. This is a seriously mouth-watering clash, with the added spice of CD's more than likely debut for the Blues against his old team.
DC?

Or do we have another ex- Crusader secret weapon up our sleeve?
Auckman

We'll end up like the Highlanders. Daring to rebel against the Empire and end up in the usual crushing defeat.
FujiKiwi

Auckman wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:05 am We'll end up like the Highlanders. Daring to rebel against the Empire and end up in the usual crushing defeat.
No. Otere Black, given cover by Hoskins Sotutu, will blow up the Death Star.

All the while, Princess Akira will look on tearfully from a safe distance.
Kiwias

FujiKiwi wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:57 am
Kiwias wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:53 am Good man, Ymx. This is a seriously mouth-watering clash, with the added spice of CD's more than likely debut for the Blues against his old team.
DC?

Pedant
FujiKiwi

Kiwias wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:11 am
DC?

Pedant
Sorry, that was petty.

How are things with you, Kiwias? All good?
Kiwias

FujiKiwi wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:13 am
Kiwias wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:11 am

DC?

Pedant
Sorry, that was petty.

How are things with you, Kiwias? All good?
No problems. Things are good here, still sfa cases of covid-19 in this little backward town and business going well. What about you?
Jimmy Smallsteps

Auckman wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:05 am We'll end up like the Highlanders. Daring to rebel against the Empire and end up in the usual crushing defeat.
I think so too.

I suspect the structured, clinical Saders will do the Blues.
ManhoodObesity

The Blues rugby empire will demolish the alleged “good guys” 👌
FujiKiwi

Kiwias wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:18 am
No problems. Things are good here, still sfa cases of covid-19 in this little backward town and business going well. What about you?
Yeah. I'm good. here in Osaka, you never know what to believe. How much covid is out there? Some mates are acting like everything is normal. Going to the gym, going out to bars and clubs. Maybe they're nuts. Maybe they're right that there's nothing to fear. I and my family are playing it pretty safe.
Kiwias

FujiKiwi wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:21 am
Kiwias wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:18 am
Yeah. I'm good. here in Osaka, you never know what to believe. How much covid is out there? Some mates are acting like everything is normal. Going to the gym, going out to bars and clubs. Maybe they're nuts. Maybe they're right that there's nothing to fear. I and my family are playing it pretty safe.
Tottori just reported its 4th case, a staff member at a kindergarten where my NPO installed and looks after grass. The bloke went to Tokyo for a weekend, obviously had a good time (nod, nod, wink, wink) and came back, went to work and a local onsen, then drove to a seminar in Hiroshima, picking up someone in Matsue along the way. He is now in isolation ward at a local hospital as they frantically try to track down the many people he had contact with over those few days.

We are taking it very carefully.

Look after yourselves. Maybe you might want to pop up here once things settle and we get into our new rugby season from October.
FujiKiwi

A funny, but scary story, Kiwias. Yep, we’ll get up/down/across your way one day and maybe meet up for some orange juice. As for this week, you and I are sworn enemies.

よろしくお願いします。
ManhoodObesity

Good to hear that you blokes are staying safe 👍
ASMO

Ymx wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:38 am
FujiKiwi wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:27 am Thanks for setting up the match thread, YMX. Much appreciated. So looking forward to this one. The Crusaders clear favorites, but never say never.
I asked AC on the other forum to set up a match thread and I just copied it. Even copied his follow up post. Ha ha.

Although, going forward I'm going to set up a web page with some code, so we can just select the home team/away team/and date, and it will auto generate the OP content. Will share it once I've got it working.
I am gonna setup WordPress so you will be able to do it there and link from here if you like
Ymx

Match thread generator v1.0

I have just done an html javascript version.

http://robot-150.getforge.io/

Fairly untested, so you should always preview before creating topic. Note, I'm not a front-end techy.

very basic

Choose
# home team
# away team
# time.

I've probably ballsed up some of the team/location/venue images, but can always correct it later.

Then either copy the posting text it generates and use it, or the better option is to click Generate OP (if you're logged in to NPR), and it posts the text and subject to the NPR new topic page auto populating it, so you can preview it, and then post it if happy.
JPNZ

Really looking forward to this clash. Also to note the weather during this week looks friendly with only a few mm of rain forecast but a fine weekend so we should see some decent running rugby.
Guy Smiley

Hey... good on ya for going to the effort of making a template but,

Fuck off with the formulaic crap, sorry. A tidy match thread is one thing but individual takes on layout and quirky humour / references are worth more than looking at this week’s template. I want originality thanks...

and the protocol always was match threads started by home team supporters. No biggie but that would be the polite thing to do.
stemoc

anyone knows when mataele was returning, the impact off the bench (paea) was not good last week, he butchered a try which manasa or even george would have scored.
Caley_Red

Ymx wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:38 am

That would be awesome.
And on the 7th day, the Lord said "Let there be Finn Russell".
Auckman

Jimmy Smallsteps wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:19 am
I think so too.

Jdog is this you? ( just trying to ID people from the old mothership )
Jimmy Smallsteps

Auckman wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:52 am
Jimmy Smallsteps wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:19 am
I think so too.

Jdog is this you? ( just trying to ID people from the old mothership )
Sure is, Auckman.
FujiKiwi

Where do the Blues have the edge? Player for player, the Crusaders have superiority or parity. Maybe the Blues loosies bring more dynamism.

The Sadists back three are dynamite. The Blues are no slouches there—second best in the competition—but still.....

Especially with Beauden playing the steady, non-flashy role he has been. Might be time for him to bring out the razzle-dazzle.
Carter's Choice

FujiKiwi wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 am Where do the Blues have the edge? Player for player, the Crusaders have superiority or parity. Maybe the Blues loosies bring more dynamism.

The Sadists back three are dynamite. The Blues are no slouches there—second best in the competition—but still.....

Especially with Beauden playing the steady, non-flashy role he has been. Might be time for him to bring out the razzle-dazzle.
8. Hoskins Sotutu/7. Dalton Papali'/6. Akira Ioane

or

8. Whetukamokamo Douglas/7. Tom Christie/6. Tom Sanders

Which backrow would you choose if you had the option?
Jimmy Smallsteps

FujiKiwi wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 am Where do the Blues have the edge? Player for player, the Crusaders have superiority or parity. Maybe the Blues loosies bring more dynamism.

That's why I couldn't see the Landers besting the Saders in Dunnos. They were outpointed right across the park, except for perhaps the loose forwards where the home side was particularly impressive.

That could be where the Blues have the advantage this weekend, but let's face it the Saders loosies aren't exactly slouches and the Blues scrum will probably be in reverse.

It's hard to see where else the Blues could have an edge. The Saders have the better back, better inside back combination, a better midfield and a talented back three that should be able to match the Blues three-quarters.
Jimmy Smallsteps

Carter's Choice wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:03 am

8. Hoskins Sotutu/7. Dalton Papali'/6. Akira Ioane

or

8. Whetukamokamo Douglas/7. Tom Christie/6. Tom Sanders

Which backrow would you choose if you had the option?
Depends. What kind of attitude can we expect from Ioane this weekend?

If he's in cruise mode then Sotutu and Papali'i will be busy picking up the slack.

You can bet your boots that all three of Douglas, Christie and Sanders will be donating their left nuts to the cause. It is the Saders way.
FujiKiwi

Agree with what AC/DC seems to be implying here. We have a pretty clear advantage in the loosies. Hope we can make something of it.
stemoc

lossies are only as good as their pack, crusaders have the better tight 5 so even though the blues have the better 7 and 8 (Akira is a fat useless pile of shit) they will get pushed back by the stronger crusaders pack in the scrums... scrum dominance, crusaders, lineout dominance crusaders because they got 2 really good locks and a very decent bencher (romano) and the better hooker of the 2 teams..... Blues only got them beat in running rugby when it comes to forwards...crusaders not as good without Read and Todd there.. Whetu no longer the number 8 he was back in 2018-19.. backline...

9 -crusaders
10- blues
11 - crusaders
12 -crusaders
13-EQUAL
14 -Equal
15. Crusaders.
Ymx

Shanky’s mate wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:54 pm Hey... good on ya for going to the effort of making a template but,

Fuck off with the formulaic crap, sorry. A tidy match thread is one thing but individual takes on layout and quirky humour / references are worth more than looking at this week’s template. I want originality thanks...

and the protocol always was match threads started by home team supporters. No biggie but that would be the polite thing to do.
It’s a shared page so that home team supporters can build their own threads. And not just always have to rely the usual individuals. How many times has AC had to create OPs when not home team. And we’ve had many Piri Weepu threads.

It generates a basic framework of info, and that can obviously easily be further tailored.

But fine no ones compelled to use it. Just a convenience tool so we can get the match conversation started earlier.
Ymx

FujiKiwi wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:16 am Agree with what AC/DC seems to be implying here. We have a pretty clear advantage in the loosies. Hope we can make something of it.
I’m of mixed feelings. I’m really excited to see Sotutu continue with his big performances. And would love to see him in black (fuk u iddy)

But not too good please against the Crusaders.
FujiKiwi

Ymx wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:32 am
FujiKiwi wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:16 am Agree with what AC/DC seems to be implying here. We have a pretty clear advantage in the loosies. Hope we can make something of it.
I’m of mixed feelings. I’m really excited to see Sotutu continue with his big performances. And would love to see him in black (fuk u iddy)

Who's "iddy"? Ardie? Sorry, I don't get that one.

The AB loose forward make up for the rumored Bledisloe in October will be interesting.
Ymx

FujiKiwi wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:54 am
Ymx wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:32 am

Who's "iddy"? Ardie? Sorry, I don't get that one.

The AB loose forward make up for the rumored Bledisloe in October will be interesting.
Eddy
FujiKiwi

Oh. I get it. Yes, fuk u Iddy, indeed, u bug fukwut.

Hoskins will be capped this year, I reckon, and that'll be the end of that.
Monkey Magic

Other big plus for the crusaders is the bench which will be crucial.

But as a blues fan I've been reassured by absolutely nothing in particular that it's our year, so up yours cantabs :thumbup:
terangi48

I'll go with the NZ-TAB.........Crusaders - $1.39..........Blues - $2.85.

It'll be more than 15 against 15 in this one.........the bench will be vital.

......however the game will change if Mo'unga is injured. Blues will have more depth at 10 with Otere Black and Carter.
FujiKiwi

Do we even know Carter will play?

Also, the last time I saw him be any good was five years ago, and I considered it the last blazing of a dying star, even then.