Yesterday I buried my Sophie Snugglepug

Where goats go to escape
BnM

We'd just been on a 3 mile hike through the woods. Approaching the car I got my keys to unlock I saw the dogs across the road but we were a good 20m away, I thought it was ok, she's seen dogs off the lead across this road before, she was well trained around roads, but it wasn't. Her instinct kicked in and she ran into the path of a car. The wheel went over her, it was a horrible death but quick, she only lasted a couple of minutes. I could have just put my hand down just in case but I didn't and she's dead. I will not forgive myself for this, I made the promise so many times to her that was she was safe now after her horrible start in life and I let her down. I loved her so much and no one ever loves you like your dog, the last 5 years hasn't been the best but I had Sophie who was always unstinting in her affection and love for me. She was my monkey moo, buggerlugs, stinky butt (she wasn't stinky it just stuck after she farted the one time I ever knew she did). The pain is indescribable, please don't make the mistake I did, when there's a road and cars don't take the risk. So many alternates going through my head, 2 seconds and the dogs would have gone that car would have gone, I would have had a hand free, 2 seconds. She was only 6 1/2.

We buried her in my Dad's garden, she looked so peaceful like she was sleeping. I'm so sorry Monkey. I loved you so so much and should have done better.

This is the last photo I took, I was working in my bedroom that day as my spare room was a tip and I had a video call. She spotted something out of the window. 4th June. I see her round the house but she's not really there, I go to the bathroom alone now, When I return home I expect to see her at the window, I don't have a reason to go out 4 times a day, her beds, bowls, toys, hair, are everywhere. She loved butt scrats and belly rubs, she didn't trust people easily but when she did she really loved and appreciated you. She barked and barked when someone dared come to the door. Time and patience led to many local human and doggy friends. Very good natured didn't mind being woken up, never grumpy, never chewed or ate anything she shouldn't, or messed in the house. She was the best little dog.

Last edited by BnM on Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And 1 guest

Really sorry for your loss. I understand how heartbroken you must feel
Niegs

Really sorry to hear this! All the best, BnM.
Globus

All us dog lovers know just how you feel. My best wishes. You'll probably take your time and then get another pooch.

Just as we did.
Jock42

All the best mate.
Slick

That’s very sad BnM, really sorry.
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
ScarfaceClaw

That’s desperately sad news. Hope you’re doing alright.
Tichtheid

Best wishes, such awful news.
Kiwias

BnM

Deepest condolences on your loss.
sorCrer

Jees Boobs, I'm sorry. I hate losing pets. :cry:
BnM

Thank you everyone. I needed to write it down. I can't stop seeing the accident in my mind.
Raggs

So sorry mate.

It gets easier with time, put my dog down 4 months ago. Still occasionally start towards the door to give him his dinner, but less than before.

It wasn't your fault though, it was just one of those things. As you said, you had no reason to believe that would happen.
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Openside

A cautionary tale 😞 you were just very unlucky. Grief is the price of loving. Rest well Sophie.
Sandstorm

Sorry for your loss BnM.
Globus

Openside wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:24 pm A cautionary tale 😞 you were just very unlucky. Grief is the price of loving. Rest well Sophie.
And a gravestone OS.
notfatcat

Oh lordy, I'm very sorry to hear this Boobs. I remember our dog Oscar used to chase cars and one day had his front legs run over when he chased the bloody bus. There was no option but to get the vet round to put him down. It was soul destroying. Best wishes to you.
Chris Jack, 67 test All Black - "I was voted most useless and laziest cunt in the English Premiership two years on the trot"
Ymx

Sorry to hear it. Don’t go blaming yourself for random combinations of circumstances which will always happen in life.

May sound not many years, but is about 50 in terms of body aging for the dog. Which will have her enjoyed it and before the constant aging leg pains which may have ensued.
Hong Kong

Dogs passing is a shit time but watching them like that must be the real shittiest. Remember all the good times with her, boobs
Un Pilier

Really sorry, Boobs. Really sorry.
assfly

Sounds like you gave her a great life, so don't beat yourself up. Think of the good times bud, there will be more with other pets when you're ready.
Enzedder

Big hugs BnM.

I hated losing pets so much that I stopped after losing 2 in about 3 years to traffic. Felt that pets in a city was just too dangerous.
I drink and I forget things.
FalseBayFC

Yes condolences BnM, I lost my lovely Africanis to Erlichiosis, which is a tick borne disease, in February. I think our cats miss him more than I do. He's really left a void in our lives. Your Sophie sounds like she was a very special pup.
Globus

FalseBayFC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:06 pm Yes condolences BnM, I lost my lovely Africanis to Erlichiosis, which is a tick borne disease, in February. I think our cats miss him more than I do. He's really left a void in our lives. Your Sophie sounds like she was a very special pup.
Hi False Bay. Do you live there? If so I know quite a bit about why it was called that. And you have a very decent wine producer there.
FalseBayFC

Globus wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:51 pm
FalseBayFC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:06 pm Yes condolences BnM, I lost my lovely Africanis to Erlichiosis, which is a tick borne disease, in February. I think our cats miss him more than I do. He's really left a void in our lives. Your Sophie sounds like she was a very special pup.
Hi False Bay. Do you live there? If so I know quite a bit about why it was called that. And you have a very decent wine producer there.
Hey Globus, long time lurker here so I know all about you and consider you a man of taste. Yes I live here and know why its called that. Groot Constantia is the most famous wine producer on the peninsula. Charles Dickens mentions Constantia wine in Edwin Drood. But there are many others like de Buitenverwachting, Steenberg, Eagle's Nest and other small boutique producers. The granite soils and winter rainfall make for an interesting terroir. I took the name because I played lots of cricket and rugby for the False Bay clubs in Constantia as a forty something.
Globus

Lovely part of the world False Bay.

You'll know it was called False Bay because sailors mistook it for the entrance to Cape Town. There's a ruddy great rock offshore where many a ship went down. Visible from the lighthouse.

I've sailed past it, thank the Lord.

Got pestered by those ruddy monkeys.
Globus

I'm a Dickens fan and have "The Mystery of Edwin Drood". It was unfinished!

Great to see the Constantia reference. Not known that. The Management and I visited several wineries around there. False Bay does a few very decent wines at decent prices.
Slick

If ever a thread summed up Globus
Globus

Slick wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:55 am If ever a thread summed up Globus
Not sure what that means. I've just "been around a bit".
Slick

Globus wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:41 am
It means that you have spammed a thread started by someone who was very upset to talk about yourself and tell more lies.

You either have pathetically little self awareness or are completely malicious. I think it’s a mixture of the two
Ymx

To be fair, the thread had run its course, quietened down. So it was just a globby offshoot towards the tail of it.
Globus

Slick wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:36 am
It means that you have spammed a thread started by someone who was very upset to talk about yourself and tell more lies.

You either have pathetically little self awareness or are completely malicious. I think it’s a mixture of the two
I think "Slick" is a misnomer. Attack the posts. Not the poster.
Globus

Ymx wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:41 am To be fair, the thread had run its course, quietened down. So it was just a globby offshoot towards the tail of it.
Aye thank ye. Good summation. When we lost our dog (he had to be put down) we were bereft.

We now have his great granddaughter who is as mischievous as can be.

This morning I discovered she'd destroyed my pair of slippers.

But, hey ho. She's just adorable and I hope BnM will get over her tragedy and get another dog.

Our lass is now ready to be a mum. This could be interesting............
SaintK

Be careful or the self obsessed narccisist will actively encourage you to kill yourself
Globus

SaintK wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:57 am

Be careful or the self obsessed narccisist will actively encourage you to kill yourself
ScarfaceClaw

This was thread about someone who was very upset at the loss of their dog and you decide this is how you want to conduct yourself on it. Absolute arsehole narcissism. You can’t be that much of a self absorbed wanker to think that this is in anyway decent behaviour.

No doubt this sort of reaction and sort of comment is exactly what you’re trying to get. It’s pathetic Globus if that is indeed the case.
Globus

ScarfaceClaw wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:33 pm This was thread about someone who was very upset at the loss of their dog and you decide this is how you want to conduct yourself on it. Absolute arsehole narcissism. You can’t be that much of a self absorbed wanker to think that this is in anyway decent behaviour.

No doubt this sort of reaction and sort of comment is exactly what you’re trying to get. It’s pathetic Globus if that is indeed the case.
Revised my thoughts about you. Yes YOU. I could not care a fig about your opinion. If you want to join the woke community, you have my sympathy.
Globus

BnM

Globus will you please fuck the fuck off and then fuck off some more. Enough.
Kawazaki

Really sorry for you loss.

My dog died on the 16th July last year, he was 14 and I had him put to sleep due to a tumour in his colon that meant the poor little sod couldn't poop. I was in tears for weeks in the lead up to the dreaded day and for weeks afterwards. I blamed myself for letting him down even though I know that is not really true. And I still think about him.

I felt profound grief when my dog died - it physically hurts inside. Try to console yourself that you gave your dog the best of you when you were together and you made her life a good one.

This is my George, pictured on the day he died.

BnM

I'm so sorry, they don't live long enough. It looks like you did him proud to a grand old age and he went peacefully.