Clarksons farm

Where goats go to escape
Clogs

Any fans? I have enjoyed this show enormously. Some typical clarkson buffoonery bollocks, but some wonderfully genuine characters in the show. Refreshingly different.
Gumboot

Clarkson's a racist twat, so no.
Ymx

What did he do that was racist?

Anyway, I generally quite enjoy his clowny humour. So I’ve just started Season 2.
Guy Smiley

Gumboot wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:25 am Clarkson's a racist twat, so no.
This
Simian

Ymx wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:39 am What did he do that was racist?

Anyway, I generally quite enjoy his clowny humour. So I’ve just started Season 2.
Just off the top of my head I can think of two times he had to apologise for using racist slurs.
Uncle fester

Blackmac

Clogs wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:04 am Any fans? I have enjoyed this show enormously. Some typical clarkson buffoonery bollocks, but some wonderfully genuine characters in the show. Refreshingly different.
It started of as just farming Top Gear with the usual contrived nonsense, but then you realised that he gained a huge respect for farmers and it got more realistic and pretty bloody enjoyable.
Dinsdale Piranha

Plenty of farmers saying it's done more for people understanding farming than 30 years of countryfile ever did despite being rather Clarkson-esque.
Clogs

Dinsdale Piranha wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:12 am Plenty of farmers saying it's done more for people understanding farming than 30 years of countryfile ever did despite being rather Clarkson-esque.
Well apparently due to him being racist that isn't possible.
Simian

:eh: :wtf:
Clogs wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:24 am
Dinsdale Piranha wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:12 am Plenty of farmers saying it's done more for people understanding farming than 30 years of countryfile ever did despite being rather Clarkson-esque.
Well apparently due to him being racist that isn't possible.
non sequitur much? :/
Ovals

Really good fun - very enjoyable and interesting series. Some of it is contrived and, like Clarkson himself - you have to take it with a pinch of salt, But it's an excellent watch.
weegie01

Ovals wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:21 am Really good fun - very enjoyable and interesting series. Some of it is contrived and, like Clarkson himself - you have to take it with a pinch of salt, But it's an excellent watch.
My wife is a farmer's daughter. We got a group of friends who do not have Amazon round one night to watch an episode. Two were farmers with their wives. Everyone loved it to the extent one episode became three, then they all came back a couple of nights later for another binge.

Everyone we know enjoys it. This morning my wife's social media was full of people from our rural community who binged multiple episodes last night.
Chilli

Clogs wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:04 am Any fans? I have enjoyed this show enormously. Some typical clarkson buffoonery bollocks, but some wonderfully genuine characters in the show. Refreshingly different.
It's a very good show.
I wish the woke brigade would realize it's just mindless entertainment.
Blackmac

Chilli wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:14 am
It's a very good show.
You will need to find one with the ability to be entertained first.
Simian

Blackmac wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:16 am
It's a very good show.
I mean I suppose there was something perversely entertaining about him being accused of using a racial slur in an unbroadcast segment of Top Gear, denying he would ever use such a clearly offensive term, and then issuing a public apology when someone leaked the footage of him saying it.
Sandstorm

Caleb: “My son is foreign, he was born in Oxford” :lol:
Guy Smiley

It's a very good show.
The show might be great... but Clarkson, entertaining?

c'mon. That style of patronising twat was out of fashion years ago.
Prembore

Sometimes I find him entertaining. Other times I find him really cringeworthy. I have no conclusions to offer
Insane_Homer

Season 1 was very entertaining, but won't watch season 2. The man is a cunt, fuck him.
“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
Raggs

Happy with mindless entertainment, not happy to support a cunt, so not watching it.
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Glaston

Guy Smiley wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:14 pm

It's a very good show.
The show might be great... but Clarkson, entertaining?

c'mon. That style of patronising twat was out of fashion years ago.
But The Guardian still has quite a big readership
Akkerman

first season was surprisingly enjoyable, will give this one a go soon
LoveOfTheGame

I’m really enjoying it. I do however understand why people are upset with him.
robmatic

Haven't watched it myself but I'm a farmer's son and everyone in my family and in the community back home likes it.
Punter15

He certainly doesn’t need the fame or money, and genuinely seems to be trying to do some good for farmers and the local economy. The independently wealthy red chino brigade don’t want change. So good on him.

Plus he was unnecessarily and generously kind to my son at great inconvenience to himself, so not as cunty as it may appear.
fishfoodie

I'll bet the farmers who liked season 1, are now thinking to themselves how they've/would hate to deal with a nob end like him this season !

As the well worn saying goes; "Good fences make for Good neighbours !"

The utterly incompetent way he introduced cattle to his farm, just shows him to be a inconsiderate prick.
youthleth

fishfoodie wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:20 pm I'll bet the farmers who liked season 1, are now thinking to themselves how they've/would hate to deal with a nob end like him this season !

The utterly incompetent way he introduced cattle to his farm, just shows him to be a inconsiderate prick.
I think his incompetency is the main theme of the show?
If you google the farm itself, it appears well kept, so he probably has very little to do with actually farming it.
lemonhead

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:58 pm I’m really enjoying it. I do however understand why people are upset with him.
It's fine to not like the guy and still find something worthwhile in the show.

Unless of course (not a direct comparison) films like American Beauty and Tess are completely tainted and somehow worthless now. I want to be entertained, not loan the guy my car.
Punter15

West Oxfordshire Council getting plenty of grief online. Good.
anonymous_joe

fishfoodie wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:20 pm I'll bet the farmers who liked season 1, are now thinking to themselves how they've/would hate to deal with a nob end like him this season !

Cows will do that. Farmers are generally pretty chill about ringing up their neighbours and/or helping sort it out, judging by my rural relatives.
LoveOfTheGame

Punter15 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:37 am West Oxfordshire Council getting plenty of grief online. Good.
Getting planning permission in the UK can be an absolute nightmare. At times it borders on insanity.
Dinsdale Piranha

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:08 pm
Punter15 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:37 am West Oxfordshire Council getting plenty of grief online. Good.
Getting planning permission in the UK can be an absolute nightmare. At times it borders on insanity.
A relative farms in the Cotswolds. There are world class NIMBY problems there. Too many rich folks move to the cute villages and don't realise that some people are actually making a living farming.
weegie01

Dinsdale Piranha wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:14 pm
A relative farms in the Cotswolds. There are world class NIMBY problems there. Too many rich folks move to the cute villages and don't realise that some people are actually making a living farming.
I have distant relatives who used to farm there. They gave up partly because it was so much hassle, but also because they had a very pretty farm and were being offered obscene amounts of money from Londoners who wanted a pretty house and land for their horses.
Biffer

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:58 pm I’m really enjoying it. I do however understand why people are upset with him.
I’m not upset with him, I just think he’s a dick.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
I like neeps

I happen to live close to the farm and know a few people loosely involved and Clarkson is indeed a dick and Kaleb has had the fame go to his head...

But the show is excellent, Clarkson seems extremely sincere in pointing out a huge amounts of issues facing UK farmers. This season showing the huge faults on Brexit and the anti-growth brigade is important.

I grew up in a farming community and have huge respect to farmers anyway but this show reinforces it. Really incredible work they do. I love the show, and dislike Clarkson generally - as he's a cock.
mat the expat

Lol
Local Farmer Confirms Watching Useless Old Pommy Fuckwit Try Farming Is The Height Of Comedy

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/advocat ... gZPIvFCBdA
robmatic

Dinsdale Piranha wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:14 pm
Similar in the Dales. Somebody bought a house next to my family's farm and then started complaining that they could smell the cows.
Sandstorm

Like that bloke who bought the cottage across the road from a village pub and then complained about people using the pub.
tc27

My rugby club on the edge of town has being encroached by housing over the last 25 years.

Every year we face licensing objections from neighbors because its sometimes gets lively on a Saturday night. And now the long cherished plan to redevelop the clubhouse and build a 4g pitch is subject to hundreds of objections from neighbours.

I am going to try and avoid getting on my soapbox about planning/NIMBYism but its a huge reason we have had shit growth and super crazy house prices over the last decade. Its got to give.
TB63

Sandstorm wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:46 am Like that bloke who bought the cottage across the road from a village pub and then complained about people using the pub.
When I had my pub, Peter Winterbottom, the weatherman, bought the cottage that backed onto my garden knowing that during the summer I used to have live music in a marquee I used to set up. Guess what, even after attending some gigs, this one afternoon he decided to complain..Had the threat off him that the Environmental Health Officer was going to be called..I politely told him, that once the EHO had finished his current set of songs, I'd inform him.....