Russian Vaccine produces anti-bodies in every participant and has no serious side effects

Where goats go to escape
Zig

God will protect me from any adverse effects of a vaccine. :wink:
sockwithaticket

Saint wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:07 am
Steve wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:01 am
Saint wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:53 pm

This is in trial stage. The reason they have trials is to catch possible issues. This is actually evidence that proper testing procedures are being followed to the letter

It's also totally unknown at this point if this was caused by the trial vaccine, or the control meningitis vaccine - or if it even had anything to do with the trials at all. As it's a blind study, only the independent assessor can review this to make the determination, which is the process that started today.

A so called "early adopter" will be someone taking the injection early AFTER the trials are completed and the vaccine is approved.
And ill be waiting for a good while after that before I join the queue for it. Thats all im saying.

Which has precisely nothing at all to do with the article you quoted, the pause in trials or anything. If you want to be the last person vaccinated then that's a choice you can make, but trying to justify it on the basis of today's reports is laughable.
Damn it, Saint. Stop getting in the way of his attempts to feel superior to almost everyone on the planet. Don't you know that he, with his wealth of medical and epidemiological knowledge, knows best?
Saint

average joe wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:51 am I'll get vaccinated but I'll also wait a bit to see if any of yous that got it first don't turn into zombies.

Mrs Saint will be very early in line
Saint

sockwithaticket wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:32 am
Saint wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:07 am
Steve wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:01 am

And ill be waiting for a good while after that before I join the queue for it. Thats all im saying.

Which has precisely nothing at all to do with the article you quoted, the pause in trials or anything. If you want to be the last person vaccinated then that's a choice you can make, but trying to justify it on the basis of today's reports is laughable.
Damn it, Saint. Stop getting in the way of his attempts to feel superior to almost everyone on the planet. Don't you know that he, with his wealth of medical and epidemiological knowledge, knows best?
:lolno:
Fangle

Saint wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:43 am
average joe wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:51 am I'll get vaccinated but I'll also wait a bit to see if any of yous that got it first don't turn into zombies.

Mrs Saint will be very early in line
So will I.
Saint

Anyway, information is starting to leak out on exactly what's happened.

A woman in the UK phase II trial experienced symptom s consistent with transverse myelitis. She's recovering well and could be discharged inside the next day or so. It has been confirmed that she received the vaccine and not the placebo, and it's considered unlikely that the vaccine will have been the cause of this; it's been know for vaccines to have cause this response (even vaccines that are live) but it's more typically caused by a viral infection, and it's therefore most likely a con-incidence - the independent committee overseeing the clinical and safety aspects of the trial will make that judgement as soon as they can.

Unless something else is discovered, it looks very much like a case of nothing to see here, but it should give comfort to those worried about whether this approval is being rushed, or if safety is being short cut
Saint

And phase III recommences following investigations as expected.

Good to see the system working despite what is undoubtedly huge political pressure to cut corners
Biffer

Saint wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:55 pm And phase III recommences following investigations as expected.

Good to see the system working despite what is undoubtedly huge political pressure to cut corners

Good news. I’m assuming that given this is a response which happens sometimes with viruses, that it might actually be a response to it, but that the key thing is incidence. If it’s no more common than it would be with say the meningitis vaccine, I assume it’s an acceptable risk.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Saint

Biffer wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:03 pm
Saint wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:55 pm And phase III recommences following investigations as expected.

Good news. I’m assuming that given this is a response which happens sometimes with viruses, that it might actually be a response to it, but that the key thing is incidence. If it’s no more common than it would be with say the meningitis vaccine, I assume it’s an acceptable risk.
That's effectively it. It sometimes is caused by a virus, sometimes is caused by a vaccine, and sometimes has no known cause at all. It's almost always completely curable
Blake

Saint wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:23 pm

That's effectively it. It sometimes is caused by a virus, sometimes is caused by a vaccine, and sometimes has no known cause at all. It's almost always completely curable
Yep, great to see the system working :thumbup:
We should expect to see more and more of these cases as the trial pools ramp up into the hundreds of thousands.
Saint

Blake wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:47 am
Saint wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:23 pm

Yep, great to see the system working :thumbup:
We should expect to see more and more of these cases as the trial pools ramp up into the hundreds of thousands.
I doubt it - normally these things don't get publicised. this is actually the second pause of the Oxford vaccine (the first wasn;t publicised till news of the second leaked out), and I would be extremely surprised if there haven't been pauses in other Phase III trials as well. Across the different potential vaccines we're probably already into a couple of hundred thousand volunteers in Phase II, but each individual trial is aiming for a max of 40,000-50,000
panamax

there was a test programm with the russian consulate in Paris so i thought what the heck i'll just give it a try

went in last friday to get my shot, we were maybe 10 ish volunteers, it's been few days now and to be honnest as of know i have not noticed any side effects,

i actually feel лты́нного and i just had a litlle headache but во́ра ве́шают, а полти́нного че́ствуют. overall i'm Без кота́ мыша́м раздо́лье and delighted that I Береги́ пла́тье сно́ву, а честь смо́лоду, моли́сь, а добра́-ума́ держи́сь. никогда́ не прихо́дит одна́.
average joe

Have you started growing tits yet? When you do, don't forget about rule one.
panamax

average joe wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:01 am Have you started growing tits yet? When you do, don't forget about rule one.
Хорошо
Niegs

panamax wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:59 am there was a test programm with the russian consulate in Paris so i thought what the heck i'll just give it a try

went in last friday to get my shot, we were maybe 10 ish volunteers, it's been few days now and to be honnest as of know i have not noticed any side effects,

i actually feel лты́нного and i just had a litlle headache but во́ра ве́шают, а полти́нного че́ствуют. overall i'm Без кота́ мыша́м раздо́лье and delighted that I Береги́ пла́тье сно́ву, а честь смо́лоду, моли́сь, а добра́-ума́ держи́сь. никогда́ не прихо́дит одна́.
What are your thoughts on ice hockey, ballet, and vodka?