Kicking off in Israel

Where goats go to escape
epwc

Uncle fester wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:03 pm Imagine this will have no impact on Israel due to the disparity in ability but what will Israel do when Hezbollah start acting the maggot also?
Invade Lebanon I guess
Tichtheid

Ymx wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:17 pm
Tichtheid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:13 pm What's a suicide drone?

Would that be a flying bomb, like a missile or something, an explosive that blows up on impact, maybe?
I’m guessing it means non renewable. Kamikaze

No, that also means someone flying the thing dies
Uncle fester

epwc wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:27 pm
Uncle fester wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:03 pm Imagine this will have no impact on Israel due to the disparity in ability but what will Israel do when Hezbollah start acting the maggot also?
Invade Lebanon I guess
That didn't go so well for them last time so they just levelled the rest of Lebanon instead.
Uncle fester

Wouldn't want to be on a commercial flight in that area now.

Being a positive sort of guy, the silver lining here is that Iran wasting these drones against Israeli Air defences means less to be shipped to Russia.
Blackmac

Ymx wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:03 pm Shit is getting real

Also reports of explosions over Tehran. But not official
Utter bollocks.
C69

Blackmac wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:37 pm

Utter bollocks.
Surely not, YMX's posts are usually so balanced and objective with the most reputable of sources.
Blackmac

C69 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:40 pm

Utter bollocks.
Surely not, YMX's posts are usually so balanced and objective with the most reputable of sources.
I was just the suggestion that UK forces would be involved in intercepting the drones. I'm sure the IDF will barely get out of third gear managing that when they have 9 hours notice.
Ymx

Tichtheid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:29 pm
Tichtheid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:13 pm What's a suicide drone?

Would that be a flying bomb, like a missile or something, an explosive that blows up on impact, maybe?

Kamikaze drones was coined during the Ukraine and Russian war.

It’s pretty obvious what it means.
Flockwitt

Social media reports, unverified and could be bollocks, that UK planes are enroute from Cyprus to help shoot down the drones.
Biffer

Ymx wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:58 pm

Ive never heard it used.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Ymx

Biffer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:02 pm

Ive never heard it used.
It would have been quicker to google it than post that pointlessly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-62225830.amp
Uncle fester

Utter bollocks.
They are a seriously dodgy website and despite being nominally pro-Ukraine, they are suspected of being infiltrated by Russia. They got their hands on the Sanna Marin video and posted it at the time Finland was starting to think about joining nato. How did a polish misinformation website with links to the far-right get the scoop on that video....

Their posting on Israel is just propaganda.
Tichtheid

Ymx wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:05 pm

Ive never heard it used.

So it's a bomb, then.
Enzedder

I drink and I forget things.
Calculon

Blackmac wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:51 pm
Utter bollocks.
I was just the suggestion that UK forces would be involved in intercepting the drones. I'm sure the IDF will barely get out of third gear managing that when they have 9 hours notice.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 024-04-13/
U.S. and British warplanes were involved in shooting down some Israel-bound drones over the Iraq-Syria border area, Channel 12 reported. Two U.S. officials said the U.S. military had shot down dozens of drone aircraft headed for Israel
Although it might still be untrue that the RAF shot down any drones. I don't know anything about "channel 12"
Calculon

Uncle fester wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:12 pm

Utter bollocks.
They are a seriously dodgy website and despite being nominally pro-Ukraine, they are suspected of being infiltrated by Russia. They got their hands on the Sanna Marin video and posted it at the time Finland was starting to think about joining nato. How did a polish misinformation website with links to the far-right get the scoop on that video....

By no means an expert on Finnish politics but not really surprising that a right wing website would support the right wing opposition against the left wing government. That right wing opposition also supported Finland joining NATO for decades, long before Marin's party came around to the idea. In the end Finland joining NATO wasn't an election issue because there was broad consensus amongst all the major parties.

Not excusing the fact that V24 does post lot of trash on it's Twitter account
Blackmac

Calculon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:16 am

U.S. and British warplanes were involved in shooting down some Israel-bound drones over the Iraq-Syria border area, Channel 12 reported. Two U.S. officials said the U.S. military had shot down dozens of drone aircraft headed for Israel
Although it might still be untrue that the RAF shot down any drones. I don't know anything about "channel 12"
Yeah, saw that this morning. Utterly astonishing that we would want to get involved in this shitshow.
Blackmac

Blackmac wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:02 am

Yeah, saw that this morning. Utterly astonishing that we would want to get involved in this shitshow.
Reading further into that the MOD's statement has been completely misrepresented, even by the BBC. Essentially RAF planes were deployed on their routine Operation Shader flights over Syria and north Iraq and will shoot down any drones or missiles that present a danger to their operations. That's a given.
Sandstorm

Blackmac wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:02 am

Falklands worked for Maggie just before an election. You can see why the desperate Tories might think this is their chance too.
Biffer

Chat on the BBC this morning is that this was fairly clearly the minimum that Iran could have done without looking weak and facing internal problems. No population centres targeted, mainly drones rather than ballistic missiles.

Of course Netanyahu will likely escalate the situation and expect the West to stand firmly behind him.

A very short explainer

https://x.com/tfletcher/status/17794074 ... nnPXVLAY7w
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
epwc

And the Ayatollahs don’t give a shit how many of their own get killed.

Climate change (as I said earlier) is (unbelievably) a much bigger threat than all of this mental mess. Amazing we get so much more exercised (myself included) by these issues rather than the great big fucking elephant in the room
Ymx

Utter bollocks.
Well, it seems it was true.
Ymx

C69

Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:48 am
FFS :bimbo:
Pmsl

Iran telling Israel slow moving drones on the way and that they will be launching missiles later.
Worst attack ever.

Posturing bullshit from the mad mullahs
Ymx

RAF jets ‘shoot down Iranian drones bound for Israel’

British planes reported to have taken off from Cyprus to intercept aircraft in step up in support for Middle East ally

Camilla Turner,
SUNDAY POLITICAL EDITOR and
Will Hazell
13 April 2024 • 11:49pm

RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus, in a file picture
British RAF jets were reported to have shot down Iranian drones bound for Israel on Saturday night.

It was reported that British jets took off from Cyprus in order to intercept drones and missiles launched from Iran.

Israel’s Channel 12 said that US and UK fighter jets shot down Iranian drones near the Syria-Iraq border.

When asked about the missile strikes, the Ministry of Defence did not comment.

The operation would mark a significant increase in the UK’s involvement in supporting Israel’s security in the region.

In recent months the UK has joined with the US in undertaking air strikes against Houthi militants in Yemen in a bid to “disrupt and degrade” the Iran-backed group’s capabilities.

The Houthis control much of north-western Yemen and have been attacking merchant vessels in the region since November.

US and British warships have also been deployed as part of an international task force to protect commercial shipping in the region.

But Saturday night’s operation also comes against the backdrop of increasing tensions between the UK and Israel over the latter’s military offensive in Gaza.

Earlier this month, an Israeli air strike killed seven air workers from the World Central Kitchen, including three British citizens.

The deaths led to calls in some quarters for the UK to stop arms sales to Israel. However, last week Lord Cameron, the Foreign Secretary, confirmed that such sales would not be suspended.

Lord Cameron said that he reviewed the “most recent advice” about Israel’s conduct and “the latest assessment leaves our position on export licences unchanged”.

“Let me be clear, though, we continue to have grave concerns around the humanitarian access issue in Gaza, both for the period that was assessed and subsequently,” he said.

“So far, no like-minded countries have taken the decision to suspend existing arms export licences to Israel and I’d add that Israel remains a vital defensive security partner to the UK.”
Ymx

epwc wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:20 am And the Ayatollahs don’t give a shit how many of their own get killed.

Climate change (as I said earlier) is (unbelievably) a much bigger threat than all of this mental mess. Amazing we get so much more exercised (myself included) by these issues rather than the great big fucking elephant in the room
Thanks Greta.
Ymx

C69 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:54 am
Pmsl

Iran telling Israel slow moving drones on the way and that they will be launching missiles later.
Worst attack ever.

What more are Iran capable of, if you call this posturing.

As you say, they are batshit.

I had to check, but this is a real Twitter account.

C69

Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:15 am
Pmsl

Worst attack ever.

What more are Iran capable of, if you call this posturing.

As you say, they are batshit.

I had to check, but this is a real Twitter account.

No worse tbh than that IDF nutter Lerner on Sky news a minute ago.
Hilarious propaganda from all sides.
Ymx

Tichtheid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:18 pm

Ive never heard it used.

So it's a bomb, then.
Nope.
Ymx

More like cruise missiles, but which are remote controllable during flight.
Tichtheid

Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:50 am

So it's a bomb, then.
Nope.

So what is it?
Tilly Orifice

epwc wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:20 am And the Ayatollahs don’t give a shit how many of their own get killed.

Absolutely.
Uncle fester

Pmsl

Worst attack ever.

Starting to look that way now. Iran did the bare minimum response needed to maintain face after the consulate attack and even warned that they were on their way.
Other countries opened their airspace to allow Israel to shoot them down.
Everybody bar Israel wants to de-escalate this crisis.
Crazy to think that the mullahs are more measured than Bibi.
Uncle fester

Calculon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:32 am
Utter bollocks.

By no means an expert on Finnish politics but not really surprising that a right wing website would support the right wing opposition against the left wing government. That right wing opposition also supported Finland joining NATO for decades, long before Marin's party came around to the idea. In the end Finland joining NATO wasn't an election issue because there was broad consensus amongst all the major parties.

V24 are dirty. That video definitely came from the Russians.
Calculon

Uncle fester wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:55 am
Calculon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:32 am

V24 are dirty. That video definitely came from the Russians.
if you say so....

a quick online search comes up this

https://www.euronews.com/2022/08/20/ana ... anna-marin
Was there any foreign influence behind the leaked videos?
Another train of thought that's easy to find online, mostly from people outside Finland, is whether the Russians had targeted Marin in a digital espionage campaign and leaked the videos online or to the media.

The timing of the scandal, they say, is suspicious because it came as Finland announced it would drastically reduce the number of visas given to Russian tourists, and as the Nordic nation nears the end of its NATO accession process.

It's true there were a few examples on Thursday and Friday of bad faith actors amplifying false messaging online about Marin. However, Finns in general are pretty savvy about this sort of misinformation effort, having recently topped the media literacy index, an annual ranking of European countries measuring resistance to fake news.

Finnish media outlets have speculated about how the first video of Marin was leaked online Wednesday night and concluded it likely came from within her friend group. The second video, which was shared by the celebrity gossip magazine Seiska on Friday morning, was taken by a Finn who is no fan of Marin or her Social Democrat party, and who told Euronews they wanted to damage her politically.

"No one usually dares write anything negative about her. I thought Seiska dares," the source told Euronews.

"She is clearly a narcissist in my book," they said.
I like neeps

Uncle fester wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:53 am
Pmsl

Worst attack ever.

Starting to look that way now. Iran did the bare minimum response needed to maintain face after the consulate attack and even warned that they were on their way.
Is it crazy to think considering that as soon as Israel is a bit safer he's out of power and will be widely regarded in Israel as a total failure and everyone else as worse?

The US need to get one of their good old regime changes going.
Ymx

Tichtheid wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:28 am

So it's a bomb, then.
Nope.

So what is it?
Are you ok?
Ymx

Uncle fester wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:53 am
Pmsl

Worst attack ever.

Bare minimum is doing some heavy lifting.

😂😂

You can’t remotely hold your contempt for them, that you contort it in such a way. Do you even realise you are doing it?
Tichtheid

Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:46 pm
Tichtheid wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:28 am

Nope.

So what is it?
Are you ok?

Get tae fuck ya prick.
Slick

This is quite a weird thing to post
All the money you made will never buy back your soul