Not Heineken Cup 23/24

Where goats go to escape
Mahoney

Mahoney wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:28 pm Completely deliberate finger in a Toulouse eye by an Exeter player there?
Umm...

Wha daur meddle wi' me?
Mahoney

The video's worse, makes it look really deliberate:
Wha daur meddle wi' me?
Biffer

That’s a really bad one.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
fishfoodie

That should really be a ban until about the New Year 2025 in any sensible world
SaintK

That really doesn't look good. So very unlike Jack Yeandle!
assfly

Yikes :shock:
Tichtheid

That is really bad. I've always considered gouging one of the worst offences. It's just such a dishonourable, shitty thing to do.
JM2K6

Saw it at the time and was hugely surprised it wasn't replayed again. Extremely weird. Have to think that's a long ban for the captain, can't see any potential mitigation for the act itself.
OomStruisbaai

SaintK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:41 am That really doesn't look good. So very unlike Jack Yeandle!
Is he English? Thought they dont do that.
Slick

That’s terrible, absolutely no mitigation
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
ASMO

Looks completely deliberate to me, he should be gone for a very long time, scumbag move.
Uncle fester

Had seen an earlier video and it wasn't clear if it was accidental it not. This one is much clearer.
JM2K6

OomStruisbaai wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:54 am
SaintK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:41 am That really doesn't look good. So very unlike Jack Yeandle!
Is he English? Thought they dont do that.
What makes you say that? We've had several players banned for it.
inactionman

Not good at all.

Yeandle didn't strike me as a cheapshot sort of bloke, but that did not look clever or easy to innocently explain away.
Tichtheid

I'm not too sure where to put this, but Jordie Barrett will be playing for Leinster in next season's Not Heineken Cup. He's joining them after the AB's November tour until the end of the season.
Uncle fester

Tichtheid wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:48 pm I'm not too sure where to put this, but Jordie Barrett will be playing for Leinster in next season's Not Heineken Cup. He's joining them after the AB's November tour until the end of the season.
He'll provide good cover on the bench I think.
fishfoodie

Tichtheid wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:48 pm I'm not too sure where to put this, but Jordie Barrett will be playing for Leinster in next season's Not Heineken Cup. He's joining them after the AB's November tour until the end of the season.
I thought about dragging the Irish Rugby thread out of the debts to post this, but couldn't be arsed :grin:

I'm a bit mystified about the signing; it's like someone found a few hundred grand at the back of the couch & decided to spaff it on a player with name recognition, but really not necessary.I suppose it shows the rude health of Leinsters finances if nothing else ...
JM2K6

They obviously need the help.

Very Rocky Elsom / Brad Thorn
fishfoodie

JM2K6 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:34 pm They obviously need the help.

Wash your mouth out !!!!

Those were players that brought something to the pack, & that was not just their physical presence, but more importantly, an expectation of what members owed to one an other. When a world class lock shames you by wondering whether you were pushing or not, that's not so subtlety letting you know you aren't delivering; & that's the feedback I expect senior players to deliver !

I always go back to Jim Williams at Munster, when he was a guy who'd been there & done that, & could have just pocketed the paycheck, & contributed nothing more than that, but he was a proper Pro, & the kind of player that you always want in your team. He wanted to fucking win, & if he had to drag every other player up to make that happen, then that was what he would do, & the Munster fans loved him for it !
Camroc2

The RDS is undergoing redevelopment next season and Leinster will be a somewhat peripatetic team, there's even talk of games in Kilkenny :eek: .

So I expect Jordi will be used to sell tickets to fill stadia after Christmas. I also suspect that if the € 200k fee (as reported by Thornley in the IT) is correct, there are significant strings attached as to minutes played.

He, of course, also has Leinster connections having lived in Meath, for his sins, for a while as a child.
Jim Lahey

I mean he is a good player and all, but not the type people will be rushing to buy tickets to see play.

If you sign a Dupont or Kolbe-type player that is genuinely box office, then you might increase ticket sales.
Ian Madigan for Ireland.
OomStruisbaai

Jordie want to play in a winning team.
SaintK

inactionman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:57 pm Not good at all.

Yeandle didn't strike me as a cheapshot sort of bloke, but that did not look clever or easy to innocently explain away.
Yes, very odd. Solid, dependable pro who has been club captain at Exeter for years.
Still no citing yet.
JM2K6

fishfoodie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:15 pm
JM2K6 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:34 pm They obviously need the help.

Wash your mouth out !!!!

Those were players that brought something to the pack, & that was not just their physical presence, but more importantly, an expectation of what members owed to one an other. When a world class lock shames you by wondering whether you were pushing or not, that's not so subtlety letting you know you aren't delivering; & that's the feedback I expect senior players to deliver !

I always go back to Jim Williams at Munster, when he was a guy who'd been there & done that, & could have just pocketed the paycheck, & contributed nothing more than that, but he was a proper Pro, & the kind of player that you always want in your team. He wanted to fucking win, & if he had to drag every other player up to make that happen, then that was what he would do, & the Munster fans loved him for it !
They were world class players brought in on short contracts to help win trophies, let's not over think this
Slick

Jim Lahey wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:57 am I mean he is a good player and all, but not the type people will be rushing to buy tickets to see play.

If you sign a Dupont or Kolbe-type player that is genuinely box office, then you might increase ticket sales.
I think this is true of your average nouveau bandwagon Irish rugby fan, but not for the more cultured, and less deplorable, average rugby fan.

In short, you are correct.
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
laurent

SaintK wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:34 am
inactionman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:57 pm Not good at all.

Yes, very odd. Solid, dependable pro who has been club captain at Exeter for years.
Still no citing yet.
It does not count on French players :p

Rather surprised that this actually happened the last citings are years old.
Tichtheid

With the deadline passing last night, there’s no news of Yeandle being cited

The authorities don’t do themselves or the sport any favours
JM2K6

Tichtheid wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:17 am With the deadline passing last night, there’s no news of Yeandle being cited

In fairness I don't think they read this board
Tichtheid

JM2K6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:48 am
Tichtheid wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:17 am With the deadline passing last night, there’s no news of Yeandle being cited

In fairness I don't think they read this board

Do you really think there was nothing of note in the actions of Yeandle there?

At the very, VERY, best it was clumsy and still worthy of looking at in detail, imo.
Mahoney

I think he's just suggesting they haven't spotted it. I was a bit amazed that no-one mentioned it on commentary, and I could find no mention on social media, which is why I started putting up pics and videos. Astonishingly it seems to have gone under the radar.
Wha daur meddle wi' me?
ASMO

Mahoney wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:17 am I think he's just suggesting they haven't spotted it. I was a bit amazed that no-one mentioned it on commentary, and I could find no mention on social media, which is why I started putting up pics and videos. Astonishingly it seems to have gone under the radar.
Well it was published on x (whether you can call that Social Media is debateable)
laurent

It's on a few french sites but not making headlines
Tichtheid

It made Rugby Pass, Wales Online (well, y'know..) and Ruck. co. UK from a quick google of "Jack Yeandle".
Rhubarb & Custard

There is no way this wasn't known in relevant circles, not perhaps by everyone, but the numbers who did and didn't act assuming others must/might be or pretended they didn't know would be along a similar line of defence being used by various Post Office managers.

It stinks. But also, over to Exeter to see if they have any worthwhile notion of morality
Tichtheid

Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:10 am There is no way this wasn't known in relevant circles, not perhaps by everyone, but the numbers who did and didn't act assuming others must/might be or pretended they didn't know would be along a similar line of defence being used by various Post Office managers.

It stinks. But also, over to Exeter to see if they have any worthwhile notion of morality

I had a quick gander at the Exeter bored to see what the feeling was there - the post that suggested the footage was faked made me lol, otherwise the feeling seems to be "nothing to see, move along". I get that fans would rally around their captain, but still the clip is pretty clear, I would have thought.

Perhaps, and I'm clutching at straws here, there is something going on and it just hasn't been announced yet.
SaintK

Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:10 am There is no way this wasn't known in relevant circles, not perhaps by everyone, but the numbers who did and didn't act assuming others must/might be or pretended they didn't know would be along a similar line of defence being used by various Post Office managers.

Hmmm. Pictures and stills from video can lie and or exagerate . However I'd have thought there would at least have been a "fingers around the eyes" citing.
topofthemoon

Tichtheid wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:19 am

I had a quick gander at the Exeter bored to see what the feeling was there - the post that suggested the footage was faked made me lol, otherwise the feeling seems to be "nothing to see, move along". I get that fans would rally around their captain, but still the clip is pretty clear, I would have thought.

Perhaps, and I'm clutching at straws here, there is something going on and it just hasn't been announced yet.
Citings arising from the quarter-finals were announced yesterday, so the window has definitely passed. Cameron Hanekom, Tom Botha and Darragh Murray the only ones going up in front of disciplinary panels.

https://www.epcrugby.com/european-profe ... arings-qfs
Rhubarb & Custard

SaintK wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:28 am

Hmmm. Pictures and stills from video can lie and or exagerate . However I'd have thought there would at least have been a "fingers around the eyes" citing.
And not just around the eyes but intentionally so. That it's out of character, so far as I know, seems besides the point
Biffer

topofthemoon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 pm
Tichtheid wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:19 am

Citings arising from the quarter-finals were announced yesterday, so the window has definitely passed. Cameron Hanekom, Tom Botha and Darragh Murray the only ones going up in front of disciplinary panels.

https://www.epcrugby.com/european-profe ... arings-qfs
That's astonishing.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
JM2K6

Lol what is this