Scotland summer tour squad

Where goats go to escape
Squidster

Hi guys, first things first, I am new here so would like to say hello to fellow Scottish supporters and fans of other nations too :wink:

You will probably find out in time, that I am very passionate about Scotland (I am a neutral in terms of club rugby though) and that I have a very jokey type of personality
:razz:

Anyway my first thread is to discuss your thoughts on our squad for the summer tour. Nothing has been confirmed yet but I think it will be tests against Japan, England (with a mixture of youth and experience) and one from Georgia, Spain or Romania: Source for that series of matches are from The Scotsman Newspaper and Gregor himself.

The uncapped players I'd like to see in the squad are: Ross Thompson, Charlie Chapman, Glen Young, Jamie Dobie, Rufus McLean, Jack Blain and Josh Bayliss. I would say Pierre Schoeman too but he's likely to be named in the squad anyway.

Of players I'd like to see more of: Gary Graham (lets give him another shot), Cameron Redpath, Ewan Ashman (chance of starting), Alex Craig, Scott Steele and Byron McGuigan.

Discuss but be nice :razz: I'm only new here.
Caley_Red

There's a country thread fin the forum, prob best discussed in there rather than a separate thread.
And on the 7th day, the Lord said "Let there be Finn Russell".
Ymx

Welcome. I believe this is the thread referred to

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4
Slick

Welcome squidster to our small but perfectly formed group of masochistic Scotland supporters

As the others mentioned, we have a Scottish rugby thread, but one thing, England? Are we really due to play England?
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
I like neeps

Slick wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:41 am Welcome squidster to our small but perfectly formed group of masochistic Scotland supporters

As the others mentioned, we have a Scottish rugby thread, but one thing, England? Are we really due to play England?
Scotland A Vs England Saxons apparently.
Yr Alban

Hi squidster - welcome to our wee community.

I think it’s a given we’ll be seeing Vellacott in blue in the summer, given he has signed for Edinburgh.
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
dkm57

Hi and welcome squidster.

Good chance to see how the babies perform on a bigger stage given how well they've been doing at club level as well as integrating them into the wider squad and develop the understanding needed in future full squads/teams.
robmatic

dkm57 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:59 am Hi and welcome squidster.

Good chance to see how the babies perform on a bigger stage given how well they've been doing at club level as well as integrating them into the wider squad and develop the understanding needed in future full squads/teams.
Plenty of scope to get the youngsters involved when there will be all those Scottish players away with the Lions.
dkm57

robmatic wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:37 pm
dkm57 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:59 am Hi and welcome squidster.

Plenty of scope to get the youngsters involved when there will be all those Scottish players away with the Lions.
:lol: :clap:
Big D

If we are handing places to some of the names mentioned then I'd rather it was an full A tour.