Kicking off in Israel

Where goats go to escape
MungoMan

Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:57 am
MungoMan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 pm
Ymx wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm

Those terrorist supporters are getting bolder/nastier.
Here's the deal, bozo: who 'Niyak Ghorbanii' is, I neither kno nor care. Ditto the self-regarding bullshit opinions.

And as for you; if the UK is getting too nasty, piss off to somewhere safe.
Well if you don’t care so much who he is, don’t bother commenting.

Feel free to fvck off back to PR. Bye
Yeah nah, you’ve talked me into sticking around.
Tilly Orifice

MungoMan wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 am
Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:57 am
MungoMan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 pm

Here's the deal, bozo: who 'Niyak Ghorbanii' is, I neither kno nor care. Ditto the self-regarding bullshit opinions.

And as for you; if the UK is getting too nasty, piss off to somewhere safe.
Well if you don’t care so much who he is, don’t bother commenting.

Feel free to fvck off back to PR. Bye
Yeah nah, you’ve talked me into sticking around.
You and I should saunter through the premises, prodding things with our canes, and making uncomplimentary comments sotto voce.
C69

epwc wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:50 pm
C69 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 am
Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 am Oh. You’re doing the dumb thing again.
There is no evidence from that picture that he supports HAMAS.
Prove me wrong or stfu.
You say that but he sure as fuck looks to me like he’s a Hamas supporter. I can understand why you and ymx don’t get on, I mean it’s obvious innit?
Brown Palestine supporters eh
epwc

C69 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 pmBrown Palestine supporters eh
Middle aged too, absolute scum!

I think he could have done better with the t shirt too, seriously.
Hugo

The US is not a member of the ICC, but under the Trump administration, it sanctioned court officials after complaining about its investigations of US military operations in Afghanistans and Israeli actions in the occupied Palestinian territories.

Asked about the prospect of ICC warrants, the White House spokesperson, Karine Jeanne-Pierre, said: “We’ve been really clear about the ICC investigation, we don’t support it, we don’t believe that they have the jurisdiction.”
Honestly, you have to laugh at stuff like this. US not a member of the ICC but sanctions court officials and don't believe they have the jurisdiction to investigate Israel.

Rules based order except of course when the rules are applied to the US and its allies and then they take their ball and go home.
epwc

Hugo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:57 pmRules based order except of course when the rules are applied to the US and its allies and then they take their ball and go home.
Easy to do when you're the biggest bully in the playground.
Tichtheid

I think the chances of the senior gov officials in Israel being held to account in the ICC is probably about the same as those for the Russian administration, as per the US - the rules don't apply.

Have there been any charges and trials of those arrested after the atrocities of Oct the 7th yet? Or is it all just killing without trial and collective punishment through displacement and famine for of the vast majority of the population of Gaza?
epwc

I think it's just summary execution, I haven't seen or heard anything about prisoner numbers.
Calculon

epwc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:14 pm I think it's just summary execution, I haven't seen or heard anything about prisoner numbers.
if you do an internet search this is one of the first articles that comes up

https://www.timesofisrael.com/how-will- ... t-charges/

they're holding at least 118 in jail
epwc

From that article:

"One of those is Israel’s Law for Preventing and Punishing Genocide, 1950, based on the UN’s Genocide Convention, which stipulates that anyone convicted of intentional “total or partial genocide” against a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group be sentenced to death."

I guess that only applies to people attempting "total or partial genocide" against Israelis.

According to the article dozens of prisoners from the 3000 Hamas attackers
epwc

Calculon wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:32 pmthey're holding at least 118 in jail
10,000s dead but only 118 prisoners, nice.
Tichtheid

From wiki

By November 8, the number of Palestinians held without charge or trial had increased from 1,319 to 2,070 since October 7, according to HaMoked.[13] On November 15, Mondoweiss reported that arrests in the West Bank continued, with 54 Palestinians arrested the previous night in overnight raids.[77] On November 28, the IDF told The Times of Israel that approximately 2,000 West Bank Palestinians had been arrested, while Palestinian monitoring groups reported 3,290 arrests.[120][121] On December 3, the Palestinian Prisoners Society reported 3,480 arrests, while the IDF reported 2,150 as of December 4 and 3,450 as of December 6.[59][60]

Al Jazeera reported that, as of January 10, 2024, nearly 6,000 Palestinians had been arrested in the West Bank since October 7, 2023.[122] An estimated 3,000 were being held under administrative detention.[123]
Detainees arrested in Deir Abu Mash'al, described the experience of being arrested by Israeli forces, stating that soldiers went door to door arresting people, blindfolding them, tying their hands, and taking them to an open building for interrogation.[124] Family members of detainees stated the Israeli army was unjustly arresting and interrogating people.[125]

Two directors and an employee from The Freedom Theatre were arrested by the IDF, with one stating, "They treated us like animals. They are trying to hurt us in anyway they can."[126] One director, Mostafa Sheta, remained in custody and was believed to be held in the Megiddo military prison [he] in northern Israel.[127] The Royal Court Theatre responded to the reports by demanding for the release of the men.[128] On 22 February 2024, a spokesperson for Birzeit University stated that Israeli forces had detained the undergraduate student council president, with more than sixty students arrested since 7 October.[129] In March 2024, verified footage showed Israeli soldiers arresting a group of Palestinians, tying them up with rope, and dragging them.[130]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_dete ... –Hamas_war#
epwc

Clearly the policy in Gaza is kill em, maybe that'll be the case when they take the West Bank.
Calculon

epwc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:42 pm From that article:

"One of those is Israel’s Law for Preventing and Punishing Genocide, 1950, based on the UN’s Genocide Convention, which stipulates that anyone convicted of intentional “total or partial genocide” against a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group be sentenced to death."

I guess that only applies to people attempting "total or partial genocide" against Israelis.

According to the article dozens of prisoners from the 3000 Hamas attackers

you guess wrong. there also hasn't been an execution in Israel for over 60 years
Calculon

epwc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:43 pm
Calculon wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:32 pmthey're holding at least 118 in jail
10,000s dead but only 118 prisoners, nice.
As the article makes clear those are Hamas terrorists captured on or shortly after October 7. There would presumably be more prisoners now
epwc

Calculon wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:19 pmyou guess wrong. there also hasn't been an execution in Israel for over 60 years
Not sure whether any Palestinians have been executed in Israel, but certainly many have been in Gaza and the West Bank, it's kind of the norm for Israel/IDF to destroy whole buildings and neighbourhoods when rooting out sometimes a single terrorist. It'd be hard to describe the deaths of Tom Hurndall or Rachel Corrie as anything other than executions either.

But of course Israel is not bound by the same code as anyone else so can commit extra judicial murders wherever and whenever it likes without reprimand (Iran, Syria, Lebanon...)

I guess maybe that you're talking about legal executions, i.e. sentence passed down by a court of law, I don't think that Palestinians (or those that stand up for them) are afforded the luxury of due process.
Tilly Orifice

If Palestinians want due process they should all quit being terrorists, eh?
epwc

Tilly Orifice wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:43 pm If Palestinians want due process they should all quit being terrorists, eh?
I guess, until Hamas is eliminated then all Palestinians are fair game.

So what is the bar for elimination? Is it Fairy clean, or Domestos? The fact is that even a single one of those motherfuckers could do the same again couldn't they? Shame Gaza is so near to other population centres, nuke seems to be the sensible option here.
epwc

epwc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:58 pmShame Gaza is so near to other population centres, nuke seems to be the sensible option here.
Hold on, what if some of the fuckers have escaped? I guess Lebanon needs to be nuked too, might be a bigger issue than I originally thought.
Ymx

epwc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:30 am
C69 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 pmBrown Palestine supporters eh
Middle aged too, absolute scum!

I think he could have done better with the t shirt too, seriously.
Why did you bring looks in to this?

Did you miss the part about what he actually said (and the threats made) to the brown Iranian man , rather than what he looks like?
epwc

I can't see where he said anything supporting Hamas
Ymx

epwc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:24 pm I can't see where he said anything supporting Hamas
Yeah, you’re right, is probably a coincidence he made aggressive threats against the guy holding up a “Hamas Terrorists” banner.

You’ve now yourself crossed to bad faith arguments. Pathetic
Ymx

Final push happening in Rafah.

epwc

Ymx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:46 pmYeah, you’re right, is probably a coincidence he made aggressive threats against the guy holding up a “Hamas Terrorists” banner.

Where's the context? I've no idea who the poster is, and have seen nothing other than that single photo and the text attached. Whatever the reason if he made threats then they should be treated seriously, I don't really do social media (Twitter, Facebook etc), is there video evidence that he said those things?

I have no clue.
Tichtheid

epwc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:50 pm
Ymx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:46 pmYeah, you’re right, is probably a coincidence he made aggressive threats against the guy holding up a “Hamas Terrorists” banner.

Where's the context? I've no idea who the poster is, and have seen nothing other than that single photo and the text attached. Whatever the reason if he made threats then they should be treated seriously, I don't really do social media (Twitter, Facebook etc), is there video evidence that he said those things?

I have no clue.

Even if he did make the "threats" - lots of people says lots of things when they are in a safe situation, there is nothing to suggest he is a supporter of Hamas, it's this same disconnect that gets people thinking that if you are calling for a ceasefire you approve of what happened on the 7th of October, and that everyone who has any connection whatsoever is a legitimate target for the IDF, for example if some guy in Gaza City was collecting the bins for a living he'd be working for Hamas, albeit indirectly. Those with the above opinion seem to see that poor sod as a legitimate target to be shot and killed on sight, or bombed and left under the rubble with the rest of his family.

I'll repeat, no one on a march or counter protest of said march in London has been forced to live in a tented village miles from the remains of their families and without adequate food, sanitation or shelter.
One or two isolated unsavoury incidents, and by that I mean some heckling and swearing and insults among tens of thousands of marchers in London amounts to nothing in comparison to what is happening in Gaza.
I know why it keeps being brought up though.
Ymx

That’s a false equivalence. This was directly about Hamas.
Ymx

Let’s hope the Israelis finish off those Hamas cvnts, with as few civilian casualties as possible! And take back the hostages who have not already been tortured to death.

I’m sure everyone can get behind this.
epwc

Ymx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:14 pmLet’s hope the Israelis finish off those Hamas cvnts
I'm not sure (as I've indicated above) how this is possible. Obviously a huge number of new terrorists will have been created by this, some ideologues, others just due to the mental issues arising from this "action".

I still struggle to see any positive outcome from this
Ymx

epwc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:25 pm
Ymx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:14 pmLet’s hope the Israelis finish off those Hamas cvnts
I'm not sure (as I've indicated above) how this is possible. Obviously a huge number of new terrorists will have been created by this, some ideologues, others just due to the mental issues arising from this "action".

I get that angle. However it’s already past that. Long before Oct 7 and the war which ensued, came this … at an unrwa school.

The next stage needs to be rebuilding, not allowing this type of indoctrination to continue.

And clearly just leaving it to Gaza is not an option. Tried that in 2005.

But I’d say a strong international peace keeping force surely needs to take over. Certainly not Israel
Uncle fester

Ymx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:15 pm

I get that angle. However it’s already past that. Long before Oct 7 and the war which ensued, came this … at an unrwa school.

The next stage needs to be rebuilding, not allowing this type of indoctrination to continue.

But I’d say a strong international peace keeping force surely needs to take over. Certainly not Israel
International peace keeping force over the full territory of what used to be called Palestine?
Brave move but dangerous times calls for radical changes.
Slick

The irony of all this is that you seem to have no idea how radicalised and indoctrinated you have become over the last couple of years.
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
epwc

Slick wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:41 pm The irony of all this is that you seem to have no idea how radicalised and indoctrinated you have become over the last couple of years.
Was he better at some stage then? I’ve only ever seen this version of ymx
Calculon

Tichtheid wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 pm is a legitimate target for the IDF, for example if some guy in Gaza City was collecting the bins for a living he'd be working for Hamas, albeit indirectly. Those with the above opinion seem to see that poor sod as a legitimate target to be shot and killed on sight, or bombed and left under the rubble with the rest of his family.

Sanitation workers are employees of UNWRA,
not Hamas - as well as education, healthcare, camp infrastructure and social safety net assistance, all run by
UNWRA. Hamas focuses on building tunnels, stealimg aid and carrying out attacks on Israelis.
Tilly Orifice

Calculon wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:56 am
Tichtheid wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 pm is a legitimate target for the IDF, for example if some guy in Gaza City was collecting the bins for a living he'd be working for Hamas, albeit indirectly. Those with the above opinion seem to see that poor sod as a legitimate target to be shot and killed on sight, or bombed and left under the rubble with the rest of his family.

not Hamas - as well as education, healthcare, camp infrastructure and social safety net assistance, all run by
UNWRA. Hamas focuses on building tunnels, stealimg aid and carrying out attacks on Israelis.
I'm no expert on this, but a bit of googling suggests that you could find quite a lot of low level bureaucrats and municipal workers who could be characterised as Hamas.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/202 ... f640bb0000
Ymx

epwc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:45 pm
Slick wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:41 pm The irony of all this is that you seem to have no idea how radicalised and indoctrinated you have become over the last couple of years.
Was he better at some stage then? I’ve only ever seen this version of ymx
No comment on the actual video/discussion then.

Just this.
Ymx

Slick wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:41 pm

The irony of all this is that you seem to have no idea how radicalised and indoctrinated you have become over the last couple of years.
Says the man who pops in on this thread and adds zero, just throws in pathetic cheap shots.
Tichtheid

Calculon wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:56 am

I was talking about municipal workers and low level officials in Gaza before the bombing and bulldozing started, although to fair when you look it up you see that blockades have affected water supply and bombing of major power plants have been happening for decades so you have to be specific, my meaning was regarding what has happened since Oct ‘23. I wasn’t talking about what happens in the camps the people have been forced into
Tichtheid

Ymx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:45 pm That’s a false equivalence. This was directly about Hamas.
I’m not the one making a false equivalence.
Ymx

Tichtheid wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:57 am
Ymx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:45 pm That’s a false equivalence. This was directly about Hamas.
I’m not the one making a false equivalence.
Yes you were.