Le Taupe XIV et la mégalomanie d'un secretaire d'état ripoux

Where goats go to escape
Tichtheid

I’m enjoying Stade v Racing, Fickou just gets better and better.

Some real Skillz on display from Racing
Tichtheid

Racing win 21-36 away to their local rivals Stade.

Their scrum looks gettable, otherwise with Finn and Teddy to come in, they look really good
Marylandolorian

Tichtheid wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:47 pm I’m enjoying Stade v Racing, Fickou just gets better and better.

Some real Skillz on display from Racing
Same, this team is complete, no weak link. I also never seen Vakatawa defending with so much determination.

La Rochelle-Toulouse is an other game to watch tomorrow.

Biarritz, 1st game in Top14 since 2014 beat the semi finalist from last season.
Tichtheid

This evening's second offering, Toulon v Montpellier was anywhere near as entertaining as the first, but it did provide a sting in the tail at least - Montpelier earning a draw after a try and conversion around the 83 minute mark.

I can't see either of these sides troubling Racing or Stade, but it's early days.
Marylandolorian

He shouldn’t have gotten a red . One more the time the TMO didn’t do his job.

Torquemada 1420

Marylandolorian wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:28 pm He shouldn’t have gotten a red . One more the time the TMO didn’t do his job.

It was a joke decision which decided the game.

No idea WTF your lot were doing at BO.
Marylandolorian

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:13 am
Marylandolorian wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:28 pm He shouldn’t have gotten a red . One more the time the TMO didn’t do his job.

:grin: I was BO way before UBB, I couldn’t stand Begles as I played them and lost too often in Crabos and Reichel.
But yes, I’ve been a Bordeaux fan since their Top14 beginning, I was born there after all.

This is the answer.
Interrogé par Rugbyrama, notre manager, Christophe Urios, s’est confié sur la performance de son équipe contre le Biarritz Olympique : “Pourquoi un non-match ? Parce qu’on n’a pas joué ? qu’aujourd’hui, on a pris une leçon d’enthousiasme, de courage, de couille et de rugby. […] Aujourd’hui, on n’a pas assez mis d’engagement ou pas suffisamment pour battre Biarritz […] Quand tu as de l’envie et de la volonté, il y a toujours un chemin. Aujourd’hui, le BO avait plus envie que nous. Le rugby, c’est aussi simple que ça. Après, vous pouvez me dire ce que vous voulez, le reste, c’est de l’enfumage“.
Torquemada 1420

Marylandolorian wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:28 pm
Torquemada 1420 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:13 am

:grin: I was BO way before UBB, I couldn’t stand Begles as I played them and lost too often in Crabos and Reichel.
But yes, I’ve been a Bordeaux fan since their Top14 beginning, I was born there after all.

This is the answer.
Interrogé par Rugbyrama, notre manager, Christophe Urios, s’est confié sur la performance de son équipe contre le Biarritz Olympique : “Pourquoi un non-match ? Parce qu’on n’a pas joué ? qu’aujourd’hui, on a pris une leçon d’enthousiasme, de courage, de couille et de rugby. […] Aujourd’hui, on n’a pas assez mis d’engagement ou pas suffisamment pour battre Biarritz […] Quand tu as de l’envie et de la volonté, il y a toujours un chemin. Aujourd’hui, le BO avait plus envie que nous. Le rugby, c’est aussi simple que ça. Après, vous pouvez me dire ce que vous voulez, le reste, c’est de l’enfumage“.
LOL

And yes, looked like a half arsed effort by UBB.
Tichtheid

Fickou is doing his thing again tonight.

There was a time a few years ago when I thought him and Fofana would be the new Charvet and Sella, now I think Fickou could be out there on his own
Slick

Tichtheid wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:26 pm Fickou is doing his thing again tonight.

There was a time a few years ago when I thought him and Fofana would be the new Charvet and Sella, now I think Fickou could be out there on his own
He is superb.

But Sella is my favourite player of all time so I can’t have that I’m afraid.

Edit: wasn’t he just given credit for that through the legs thing for the Racing try but it was actually Beale?

By the way, have you come across Brothers in Arms by David Beresford? Incredible book that sounds right up your street
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Tichtheid

Slick wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:31 pm
Tichtheid wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:26 pm Fickou is doing his thing again tonight.

He is superb.

Edit: wasn’t he just given credit for that through the legs thing for the Racing try but it was actually Beale?

By the way, have you come across Brothers in Arms by David Beresford? Incredible book that sounds right up your street
Oh good shout, I had forgotten about that book, I meant to get it when it came out
Tichtheid

Sella had that thing about him, apart from the skills, pace, vision, he was hard as nails, there were a few who stood out like that in the amateur era, JPR, Gary Armstrong, Will Carling too

Edit, I don’t mean fighting hard, that’s not hard, I mean the ability to take huge hits again and again and usually come off best in a collision
Slick

Tichtheid wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:46 pm Sella had that thing about him, apart from the skills, pace, vision, he was hard as nails, there were a few who stood out like that in the amateur era, JPR, Gary Armstrong, Will Carling too

Edit, I don’t mean fighting hard, that’s not hard, I mean the ability to take huge hits again and again and usually come off best in a collision
Yup, an incredible ability to stay on his feet in the tackle. I’ve never seen anyone glide like that either. He could also fight, fight as well apparently

I once went on a tour as a kid to France and we played Agen. As we arrived Sella wandered over and asked if we would like him to give us a bit of coaching. I don’t get starstruck but that was the closest.
Tichtheid

Ouch, the ref has stuffed his ankle

I know that pain, I did my ankle and the ligaments several times,
Torquemada 1420

Fickou always had it in him. Just needed the right coach. He almost single handedly won Fra the U21 RWC.

Fofana was NEVER a centre. Worst hands of a back since Ben Cohen. Fofana's strengths were his pace and brilliant running lines = he was always a winger.
Torquemada 1420

Slick wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:31 pm He is superb.

Sella was in a class of his own. "Strength of a bull and hands of a piano player" was spot on.

That f**king commentator on Premier is a disgrace. Makes Jake look world class.
Torquemada 1420

Tichtheid wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:54 pm Ouch, the ref has stuffed his ankle

I know that pain, I did my ankle and the ligaments several times,
Tranini gave what must have been the worst pen try decision in the history of the game. And we won't be seeing him for a while.
Marylandolorian

Who’s going to stop Toulouse? It has been only 2 games but it’s scary to see how efficient they are.

Top14 club’s budgets, from 13 to 39 millions ( Bitcoins not included for some SA players …. maybe)

Diaporama
https://dicodusport.fr/blog/top-14-budg ... /#quatorze
Torquemada 1420

Marylandolorian wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:27 pm Who’s going to stop Toulouse? It has been only 2 games but it’s scary to see how efficient they are.

Top14 club’s budgets, from 13 to 39 millions ( Bitcoins not included for some SA players …. maybe)

Diaporama
Thanks for the link. Just how much is Paris underperforming with that Budget?!!

Interesting to compare ASM with Toulouse: clubs going in opposite directions as ASM are repeating what happened to Toulouse at the end of the Noves' era.
Tichtheid

The Scottish Rugby Union's budget would place them around 4th on that list.

That is the total budget for all the international players and running both Edinburgh and Glasgow plus their academies, the U20s, U18s, 7s and the women's team and their U20s and 7s, plus all the coaches and backroom staff for each.
Marylandolorian

Tichtheid wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:05 pm The Scottish Rugby Union's budget would place them around 4th on that list.

That is the total budget for all the international players and running both Edinburgh and Glasgow plus their academies, the U20s, U18s, 7s and the women's team and their U20s and 7s, plus all the coaches and backroom staff for each.
Sorry.

What about English premiere and RU ?
Marylandolorian

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:15 pm
Marylandolorian wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:27 pm Who’s going to stop Toulouse? It has been only 2 games but it’s scary to see how efficient they are.

Diaporama
Thanks for the link. Just how much is Paris underperforming with that Budget?!!

Interesting to compare ASM with Toulouse: clubs going in opposite directions as ASM are repeating what happened to Toulouse at the end of the Noves' era.
Toulouse is really a special club. About everyone from the president to the staff are from the ST, lot of players come from the Stade school , that btw is going to be even better or more attractive with Jerome Kaino as the head coach or director.

Like Toulon, Paris is a team with a lot of new guys , give them a couple months, things will change.

So far le Racing might be the only team who seems to be at the same level than Toulouse .
Tichtheid

Marylandolorian wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:36 pm
Tichtheid wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:05 pm The Scottish Rugby Union's budget would place them around 4th on that list.

Sorry.

What about English premiere and RU ?

I think the English clubs are salary capped at £5M, so nearly €6M each - I assume that is just for the players, the support staff will be on top of that

The RFU pay their international players separately - their players got £75K per head for the 6N this year.
sturginho

Taupe 14 watchers, can anyone tell me how Garbisi and Mori got on today?
Torquemada 1420

sturginho wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:40 pm Taupe 14 watchers, can anyone tell me how Garbisi and Mori got on today?
Garbisi was excellent bar a couple of dead ball kicks and one bad pass.
Slick

I don’t think there has been more than 2 passes strung together by either team in the last 30 minutes of the Clermont v La Rochelle game…
Torquemada 1420

Slick wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:53 pm I don’t think there has been more than 2 passes strung together by either team in the last 30 minutes of the Clermont v La Rochelle game…
2 clueless sides with no brains, terrible discipline/bad attitudes and sh*te coaches. Somehow LaR contrive to lose for the 5th time in a row a game there for the taking.
Last edited by Torquemada 1420 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sturginho

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:52 pm
sturginho wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:40 pm Taupe 14 watchers, can anyone tell me how Garbisi and Mori got on today?
Thanks 👍
Torquemada 1420

3 sides now where the management must be under serious threat. All 3 have big budgets and serious player resources but all have in common
- consistent failure to execute the basics
- poor decision making
- terrible discipline

In the frame =

Quesada/Stade Francais
- last
- with T14's biggest budget
- and he's been there long enough and consistently failed to deliver

ROG/La Rochelle
- 2nd last
- mid budget
- has some excuse the helm hasn't been his alone for long but can't see Merling putting up with it for long

Jonno Gibbes/ ASM
- 5th from bottom but only courtesy of home win against LaR
- jumped ship from LaR into an underperforming ASM and has seemingly made them worse

Paris and LaR have a further problem in a bun fight for the worst half back pairings in the comp. Given the conveyor belt of quality SHs and FHs that come from NZ, it's amazing that LaR managed to sign not one, but two of the sh*ttest in TKB and West.
Paris has Coville at SH who is so bad that whenever he's selected, I invariably pick Paris to lose in the FR. Segonds is an equally miserable FH who if he stood any deeper would be in Narnia. LaR finishes last because Paris can call upon Sanchez AND West is the worst dead ball kicker in T14..... and you aren't winning anything if you don't take your 3 pointers.
Tichtheid

sturginho wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:58 pm
Thanks 👍

Tommaso/Tommy/Tam Allen got player of the match for Harlequins yesterday, though I didn't see it.
SaintK

Tichtheid wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:44 am

Thanks 👍

Tommaso/Tommy/Tam Allen got player of the match for Harlequins yesterday, though I didn't see it.
Played very well considering how little time he's had there. Fitted in to the Quins style very comfortably
sturginho

SaintK wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:33 am
Tichtheid wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:44 am

Thanks 👍

Played very well considering how little time he's had there. Fitted in to the Quins style very comfortably
Two Italian 10s playing well at the same time is a sign of the apocalypse
Marylandolorian

New one, bothers me seeing altrad on it. Looks like the squadra Azzurro blue.

Torquemada 1420

Marylandolorian wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:30 pm New one, bothers me seeing altrad on it. Looks like the squadra Azzurro blue.

Awful crap and said I'd never buy another one after the FFR decided to permit advertising on them anyway.
sturginho

I see Mori got himself a try today 👍
Marylandolorian

sturginho wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:05 pm
I see Mori got himself a try today 👍
It was a nice one, he beat 3 tackles without much space. I’ll put a clip next week if available, his best game so far
sturginho

It's great to see these guys go to France and play well, the last few Italians who went over ended up bombing completely
Torquemada 1420

sturginho wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:20 pm It's great to see these guys go to France and play well, the last few Italians who went over ended up bombing completely
Garbisi needs to sort out his dead ball kicking. Was expensive for his side in the game today in a 1pt loss.
sturginho

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:57 pm
sturginho wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:20 pm It's great to see these guys go to France and play well, the last few Italians who went over ended up bombing completely
Garbisi needs to sort out his dead ball kicking. Was expensive for his side in the game today in a 1pt loss.
Let's hope he sorts out that aspect of his game, how did he play otherwise?
Torquemada 1420

sturginho wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Torquemada 1420 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:57 pm
Let's hope he sorts out that aspect of his game, how did he play otherwise?
Good and scored a try. It's the kicking off tee and some out of hand that needs improvement.