Le Taupe XIV et la mégalomanie d'un secretaire d'état ripoux

Where goats go to escape
Torquemada 1420

fishfoodie wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:04 am What's the French take on what: "Future Ireland Coach", ROG, has brought to LR ?

Is he standing on the shoulders of giants; or has he brought something genuinely new to them; & they're now a better coached side ?
TBH, I thought it was an odd appointment. LaR has a particular style of rugby which is the antithesis to how ROG (and this sides) played at both region and intl level. If anything, they took a dip for a while but they have had a few key player changes plus a higher than usual injury list.
Torquemada 1420

laurent

Nice score :oops:

laurent

https://www.lerugbynistere.fr/chronique ... 212225.php

For a laugh.

Kind of hoping that Maracineanu puts the FFR in management.
laurent

Laport currently Being grilled at the Sport ministry.

Really hoping they do something drastic but not optimistic.
laurent

ANd the French Government Once again does nothing :(
laurent

Nationale

Pro D2

Top14
Torquemada 1420

Saturday's game.

A lot to try and distil from this which had discussions going well into Sunday too.

Positives
1) At half time, Eng had played the best rugby they'd performed since the last RWC........ and were still behind. Youngs had his best game ever. Personally, I don't think under Jones they will play so well again. I know Fra could get better: we've yet to see an 80 min performance.
2) And could have led by more
- as Bernol pointed out, Jalibert was a bit clumsy and should have dotted down that try chance
- I'm not convinced that Curry was supporting his own body weight on the pen turnover on the tryline just on HT following Thomas' break
3) The defeat margin was tiny, especially in the context of the pen given against Ollivon.
4) Ollivon/Thomas contrived to blow another try with a fwd pass: personally I think Thomas overran it.
5) Jalibert had his best game for France even allowing for the missed try and some questionable tactics by the entire side in the 2nd half.
6) Tao had a great game for his 60 mins. Dave Ellis had pointed out that one reason this side has gotten so competitive is the locks (Le Roux and Willemse) not only do their locking duties but also act as additional back rows. In Le Roux's case, he's also a lineout target. I felt lock depth was a potential weakness so for Tao to put in that showing was a welcome surprise.
7) Marchand was brilliant as was Baille.

Negatives
a) Another loss.
b) The tactics in the 2nd half were woeful although some of that may have been down to ii) below but then it should have been expected and use of subs and game plan adapted accordingly.
c) Despite the tackle success and effectively having 6 backrows on the park (including Dupont and the locks), Fra failed to slow Eng ball down at all which partly assisted Youngs in having a blinder.

Glass half full
i) There were no really bad performances (maybe Haouas)........ but still lost.
ii) The worst players were Haouas, Dupont and Ollivon. We wondered if COVID had affected some players: Dupont seemed gassed at half time which really was the root of much of the loss of impetus. If so, that should fix itself.
iii) Thomas defending was better....... but still missed 3 tackles. 3 tackles that Villiere would not have missed.
iv) Penaud looked short of match fitness and really saw too little ball for a player capable of his impact so expect more.
v) Was the loss a good thing? Plenty of people though that a GS would be bad for this Fre side this early.
laurent

Pro D2 Crazyness

laurent

Agen UBB Game postponed due to covid
Racing - Stade Français in the balance
Toulon Montpellier postponed

Looks like there is going some trouble
SaintK

laurent wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:18 pm Pro D2 Crazyness

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
laurent

Toulouse doing Toulouse things

with some nice stuff at la Rochelle

Only 3 games due to covid spreading....
laurent

Nice one

Tichtheid

Premier Sports has picked up the rights to the Top14 for two years, it starts right away – this weekend’s games are to be shown and the deal will cover the 21/22 and 22/23 season
Marylandolorian

Tichtheid wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:25 am Premier Sports has picked up the rights to the Top14 for two years, it starts right away – this weekend’s games are to be shown and the deal will cover the 21/22 and 22/23 season
Saw that :thumbup: , I wish ESPN or Fox sports would do the same in the US, but live stream.joker... has been great this year.
Try watching Toulon /Bordeaux and Toulouse1/Clermont as they are fighting for the top 6
Torquemada 1420

Tichtheid wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:25 am Premier Sports has picked up the rights to the Top14 for two years, it starts right away – this weekend’s games are to be shown and the deal will cover the 21/22 and 22/23 season
Can't make head nor tail of their options
https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow
What the hell is the difference between 1 and 2 and the "from £10.99" has no further detail? It all looks like it was knocked up by a 5 year old on a BBC Micro.
Tichtheid

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:56 pm
What the hell is the difference between 1 and 2 and the "from £10.99" has no further detail? It all looks like it was knocked up by a 5 year old on a BBC Micro.

By the looks of it you have to have Sky tv for option one, perhaps?

If you can do so, it's best to go through a tv provider, ie Sky or Virgin, there have been a few issues with the player freezing during games. It doesn't happen often, but I have heard of it.

I get my coverage through Virgin and it's always been stable.

Also, if you do go with the player, keep an eye out around August time as they often offer 12 months for a discounted rate - I seem to remember guys on the Glasgow forum paying around £85 for the year.
Torquemada 1420

Tichtheid wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:08 pm

If you can do so, it's best to go through a tv provider, ie Sky or Virgin, there have been a few issues with the player freezing during games. It doesn't happen often, but I have heard of it.

Also, if you do go with the player, keep an eye out around August time as they often offer 12 months for a discounted rate - I seem to remember guys on the Glasgow forum paying around £85 for the year.
Cheers for the heads up. :thumbup:
La soule

Exiting finish to the T14 this year with all to play for, both for the qualification to the knock out phase and the team who will play in the barrage to stay up.

USAP v BO for the final of the Pro D2. Bo game away to Vannes made nice viewing. USAP should win that game. The hooker from BO has a lot of potential.
laurent

La soule wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:02 am Exiting finish to the T14 this year with all to play for, both for the qualification to the knock out phase and the team who will play in the barrage to stay up.

USAP v BO for the final of the Pro D2. Bo game away to Vannes made nice viewing. USAP should win that game. The hooker from BO has a lot of potential.
Trouble With BO is the absolute Shitheads at the top.

I hope they get to the Barrage to be kicked out by Bayonne.
La soule

laurent wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:01 pm
La soule wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:02 am Exiting finish to the T14 this year with all to play for, both for the qualification to the knock out phase and the team who will play in the barrage to stay up.

Trouble With BO is the absolute Shitheads at the top.

I hope Bayonne will stay up without having to play that relegation game. I reckon Pau would see off BO, not sure Bayonne would.
Torquemada 1420

laurent wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:01 pm Trouble With BO is the absolute Shitheads at the top.

BO = toffs. Bayonne = workers. :grin:

In other results this week:
- Bernol's predictions 4/7
- Torq's predictions 7/7
Torquemada 1420

Tichtheid wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:08 pm

I spoke with them and basically 1 and 2 are the same if you don't already have any Sky subscription. If you have Sky, no point in electing 2 which is the online access only.
laurent

Bourg en Bresse Beats Narbonne in the Nationale Final.

both go up in Pro D2

Now is the Pro D2 Final.
Perpignan - Biarritz winner goes up loser plays either Pau or Bayonne to go up.
Valence-Romans and Soyaux-Angoulème go down.

This evening in Pro 14 will decide who goes on the final stages and also who is in the semi final + the barrage game.
laurent

Perpignan goes up Biarritz plays Bayonne for a spot in top 14

Racing and Bordeaux will host Clermont and Stade Français in the play off

Toulouse and La rochelle are straight in the semi final.
La soule

laurent wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:12 pm Perpignan goes up Biarritz plays Bayonne for a spot in top 14

A basque derby for the accession game.....Should make good viewing.

Gutted for Bayonne though. Exiting games ahead for the knockout stage. The Paris derby should be interesting for Fickou as well...
laurent

La soule wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:26 am
laurent wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:12 pm Perpignan goes up Biarritz plays Bayonne for a spot in top 14

A basque derby for the accession game.....Should make good viewing.

Gutted for Bayonne though. Exiting games ahead for the knockout stage. The Paris derby should be interesting for Fickou as well...
Indeed the basque / pas basque derby looks tasty if you like a good fight.
La soule

Oivon out for 6/9 months. Pity for the guy.

Bourgarit out for the rest of the season.

Tough for les bleus going down to OZ.
laurent

Clermont and SF did not make the semi finals.

Biarritz goes up amidst controversy (way over 5000 at the stadium) Bayonne blew it apparently.
SaintK

laurent wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:00 am Clermont and SF did not make the semi finals.

Biarritz goes up amidst controversy (way over 5000 at the stadium) Bayonne blew it apparently.
Hmmm, I see what you mean :shock:
[media] [/media]
Marylandolorian

No mask with a semi final in a week, his coaches might not have been very happy when they saw that.

Hart didn’t have a good day, between his missed penalty kicks and this.

Better than Beauxis

Marylandolorian

Tichtheid

So a rematch of the Heine, LaR v Toulouse.

C’mon Toulouse

Good to see Ntamack up and walking, it looked bad at the time
Marylandolorian

It was good close game, Bordeaux gave too many points and then 20 minutes with a red.
La Rochelle might do it.
laurent

ASM Romagnat beat Blagnac in the Elite 1
Tichtheid

Terrific win for Toulouse, they were the better side, more so than in the Euro final
Tichtheid

Double post
laurent

La Rochelle Outdoing Clermont...
laurent

Well this is back

and Yionel is playing in Béziers.

Tichtheid

laurent wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:55 am Well this is back

and Yionel is playing in Béziers.

We can't view the video here, but I went to watch Carcassonne a few times when I lived south of Quillan, up in the mountains. I'll be keeping an eye on their progress.