The Official Aotearoa Politics Thread

Where goats go to escape
Ted.

Until Hareaway gets off his skinny arse and makes a new one.
Guy Smiley

👍👍😍Image
Ata Rangi

Ka pai Ted.
Kiweez

Are we “same shit, different day” in here...?
stunt_cunt

Kiweez wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:23 am Are we “same shit, different day” in here...?
Always. Hopefully the 2 or 3 ultra mongs of the previous bored missed the boat on this one though.
ASMO

Why is the speaker sitting on a sheep?
Auckman

ASMO wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 am Why is the speaker sitting on a sheep?
To show who's boss!
Auckman

ok, I am now at the right place.

Without looking at google.... guess the PMs names.

Gumboot

I can name them all the way back to Holyoake. I'd almost forgotten about Rowling, which is strange coz I'll never forget my Gran's reaction when we heard the news that Big Norm had croaked.
stunt_cunt

I'm fucked beyond Muldoon. I can pick out Jo Savage only because I recognise him from Bastion Point monument, or something from the past.
Gumboot

stunt_cunt wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:51 pm I'm fucked beyond Muldoon. I can pick out Jo Savage only because I recognise him from Bastion Point monument, or something from the past.
Yeah, same with Savage. Buggered if I can name any of the others though.
stunt_cunt

7 of them were within only 3 election cycles.
Jb1981

I can go back to Muldoon but then only know two others
stunt_cunt

Now Victoria, or parts of Melbourne have reverted back to lockdown I'm so glad we have what we have. What a nonsense that is, and you have to feel pretty bad for any business tied up in that.
Any talk of being a bit more lax around the border or shifting the goalposts away from what we have should be shunned and shouted down until at least the end of the year. You'd hope by then our system isn't so knife-edge.
Enzedder

Even if we don't have a reliable vaccine by the end of the year, hopefully we have a reliable "20 minute test" as that will help to contain things if we can check on ourselves (like a pregnancy kit)
I drink and I forget things.
Tilly Orifice

Auckman wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:01 pm ok, I am now at the right place.

Without looking at google.... guess the PMs names.

Missed Forbes and the first Holyoake.Only got Fraser because they're in chronological order. The weird thing is that they pulled a fast one with an old photo of Rowling, which I didn't recognise and it totally confused me for a while.
Guy Smiley

stunt_cunt wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:08 am Now Victoria, or parts of Melbourne have reverted back to lockdown I'm so glad we have what we have. What a nonsense that is, and you have to feel pretty bad for any business tied up in that.
Any talk of being a bit more lax around the border or shifting the goalposts away from what we have should be shunned and shouted down until at least the end of the year. You'd hope by then our system isn't so knife-edge.

It’s gonna be more or less impossible to relate to someone with that user name, I dunno why anyone would choose one like that.
ScarfaceClaw

stunt_cunt wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:51 pm I'm fucked beyond Muldoon. I can pick out Jo Savage only because I recognise him from Bastion Point monument, or something from the past.
I run into a brick wall going beyond Muldoon. Complete blank.
Muttonbird

stunt_cunt wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:08 am Now Victoria, or parts of Melbourne have reverted back to lockdown I'm so glad we have what we have. What a nonsense that is, and you have to feel pretty bad for any business tied up in that.
It's frightful what's going on over there. We were all pretty much in agreement in NZ regardless of politics that to return to a more severe lockdown after opening up would be damaging. You don't give any individual or business a sense of certainty by constantly changing rules back and forth.

I'd say it NZ who has the actual plan. Victoria is more like Sweden really.
stunt_cunt

Shanky’s mate wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:39 am

It’s gonna be more or less impossible to relate to someone with that user name, I dunno why anyone would choose one like that.
Why bother responding then.
Just how relatable is someone that's so unimaginative that they have to use someone else's username.
stunt_cunt

Enzedder wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:12 am Even if we don't have a reliable vaccine by the end of the year, hopefully we have a reliable "20 minute test" as that will help to contain things if we can check on ourselves (like a pregnancy kit)
Yeah I personally don't hold much hope of a vaccine for NZ anytime soon, unless our own scientists manage one themselves. I was listening to aunty Helen on the wireless this evening and she's told by her buddies at WHO any vaccine is another couple years away.

And where does NZ fit in with a vaccine created offshore? A long way down the list I bet. Easily behind all of Europe, all of North America, all of Asia.

The accurate 20min test will be terrific for everyone.
Kiweez

This post is embargoed until Thursday 2 July.
Auckman

Here we go fellas. I think Marshall and Forbes were the most elusive. Never heard of Forbes but MJ Savage lives on in history. ;)

Guy Smiley

Kiweez wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 am This post is embargoed until Thursday 2 July.
Clark?
stunt_cunt

Dave Clarke falls on his sword. Good choice.
Jambanja

stunt_cunt wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:09 pm Dave Clarke falls on his sword. Good choice.
He won't be missed
HouseofPane

Curran a couple years back, and now Clarke. Woodhouse is tosspot too - Dunedin MPs making headlines :lol: :lol:
Jb1981

stunt_cunt wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:09 pm Dave Clarke falls on his sword. Good choice.
Fell on his sword in the same way that guy fell on the dagger in Saving Private Ryan. Drawn out, awkward to watch and probably not by choice.

It’s a good result for the Government, he was a distraction they didn’t need approaching an election.
Enzedder

With Clark going, National lose it's biggest asset.

Then again, Labour lost it's biggest assets with Bridges and Bennett leaving.

I see that Bridges is back in cabinet (with a low ranking). Something to do with demographics, I wonder?
stunt_cunt

Enzedder wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:54 pm With Clark going, National lose it's biggest asset.

Then again, Labour lost it's biggest assets with Bridges and Bennett leaving.

I see that Bridges is back in cabinet (with a low ranking). Something to do with demographics, I wonder?
My thinking is the election is going to fall almost entirely on who's trusted in this covid situation.
Labour to keep us in a fishbowl state with minimal intrusion of the virus and avoiding any lockdown at all cost.
National to be loose with the whole gig and open us up to all these tourists that want to come flooding back.

Anything else is just a sideshow. We will know in 79 days?
Enzedder

Nope - National have started campaigning and it is a solid wall to wall paint job of "incompetence" in every dealing with every piece of media.

It worked for ScoMo so why not
Auckman

Clark had to go and thankfully he has.

Cleaner than Judith dragged kicking and screaming to the scaffolds all those years ago.
Ted.

Gordon Bennett

The young Keith Holyoake in that PMs grid looks like a combination of Jeremy Wells and Michael Woodhouse.
Enzedder

I could go back to Walter Nash, and then I was buggered apart from Mickey.

My girlfriend used to babysit at Holyoake's holiday home around past Acacia Bay in Taupo. I used to sneak around after the kids went to bed. (He wasn't in residence; some family member thankfully as otherwise police would patrol the place)
Kiweez

Shanky’s mate wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 pm
Kiweez wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 am This post is embargoed until Thursday 2 July.
Clark?
;)
Jambanja

The real loser in this situation is the National party, god forbid Twyford decides to resign
Gumboot

Pissed off with this woman doing a runner from isolation in the Pullman Hotel in Auckland, scaling a couple of fences in the process. Selfish cow. Lock her up! Lock her up! :evil:
Enzedder

Gumboot wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:23 am Pissed off with this woman doing a runner from isolation in the Pullman Hotel in Auckland, scaling a couple of fences in the process. Selfish cow. Lock her up! Lock her up! :evil:

I think that there have to be consequences to put off other attempts.