Uncle fester

BnM wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:06 pm Need more of these
Reasons why xhitter can be good.
BnM

Best with sound on

TB63

dpedin

TB63 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:24 am
Feckin hell that Chinese hail could kill!
fishfoodie

dpedin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 pm
The country that built a huge bloody dam, with multiple issues, & then put tens of millions of people downstream of it.

If the three gorges goes, it will probably be the single largest act of homicide every; & the "if" element has an uncomfortably high probability
inactionman

fishfoodie wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 pm
dpedin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 pm
The country that built a huge bloody dam, with multiple issues, & then put tens of millions of people downstream of it.

If the three gorges goes, it will probably be the single largest act of homicide every; & the "if" element has an uncomfortably high probability
They deliberately flooded the Yellow River in WW2, that was bad enough (estimated 500k deaths)
TB63

🤣🤣🤣

Guy Smiley

BnM

Some fabulous images and videos

fishfoodie

I do love my trail cam; it's always turning up surprises; I got it after i first spotted a pine marten bouncing thru the garden one summers evening.

Last week it captured two badgers in a, knock down, drag out fight.
Niegs

Haha... legendary FU!

LoveOfTheGame

:lolno: Nice!
dpedin

Get in there Jade! Those misogynists could even put their ski boots on because their fat beer bellies would get in the way! Massive achievement.
BnM

One of those rare ones where the music actually adds to it. 1905 and 2 world wars coming

Calculon

I enjoyed this

Uncle fester

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68924955

Nightmare stuff. Insurance company won't cover it either.
Sandstorm

Uncle fester wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:32 am https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68924955

Nightmare stuff. Insurance company won't cover it either.
Insurance companies are cnuts.
Biffer

BnM wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:46 pm One of those rare ones where the music actually adds to it. 1905 and 2 world wars coming

Can’t help but wonder how many of those boys were dead before they were 25. Front line for the WWI meat grinder.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Biffer

Niegs

Never forget that this war movie legend did it first...

Biffer

Enzedder

Just watching the live storm chasers in Oklahoma which is under a severe storm alert

I drink and I forget things.
BnM

Slick

Biffer wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:14 am
BnM wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:46 pm One of those rare ones where the music actually adds to it. 1905 and 2 world wars coming

Can’t help but wonder how many of those boys were dead before they were 25. Front line for the WWI meat grinder.
I just got a bit sad realising every single one of those people is dead.
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
inactionman

God save us from modern artists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd1wpegrnrxo
Ms Kaechele's plans involve transforming the velvet-clad lounge into a women's toilet and a church - which she claims will allow it to continue operating as a women-only space under legal exemptions.

“There is a fabulous toilet coming to the Ladies Lounge, and so in that sense the Ladies Lounge will operate as a ladies’ room.

"It’s a toilet that is celebrated the world round. It is the greatest toilet, and men won’t be allowed to see it," Ms Kaechele said in Australian media reports.

Some of the key artworks, like the ones by Picasso, will be moved into the toilet to ensure "uninterrupted viewing" while she applies for other exemptions.

And only on Sundays, men would be allowed into the space - to learn ironing and laundry folding.
It was quite funny at first, but she's really overegging it all now.

(I'm sure there was a post on this when it as first reported but can't seem to find it)
Biffer

inactionman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:58 pm God save us from modern artists.

Ms Kaechele's plans involve transforming the velvet-clad lounge into a women's toilet and a church - which she claims will allow it to continue operating as a women-only space under legal exemptions.

“There is a fabulous toilet coming to the Ladies Lounge, and so in that sense the Ladies Lounge will operate as a ladies’ room.

"It’s a toilet that is celebrated the world round. It is the greatest toilet, and men won’t be allowed to see it," Ms Kaechele said in Australian media reports.

Some of the key artworks, like the ones by Picasso, will be moved into the toilet to ensure "uninterrupted viewing" while she applies for other exemptions.

And only on Sundays, men would be allowed into the space - to learn ironing and laundry folding.

(I'm sure there was a post on this when it as first reported but can't seem to find it)
But it won't work. That kind of pish works in America, but courts in the UK have a long established precedent that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a fucking duck.
Guy Smiley

Biffer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:41 pm

But it won't work. That kind of pish works in America, but courts in the UK have a long established precedent that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a fucking duck.
This is the case involving Mona, in Tasmania?

The artist set up an exhibit deigned to illustrate the restrictions faced by women, I think... and it was reserved as a women only space. Part of the overall thrust of the installation, I believe. Along comes a bloke from another state who decides he has been discriminated against because he can't enter the exhibit.

This is deeply ironic, of course.

The court upholds his complaint...

(Mona is a private gallery / museum which has made something of a name for itself by hosting work that challenges mainstream thinking)

so the artist, who may be married to the owner of Mona if I recall correctly, has come up with what looks like a pretty humorous and decent riposte.

If some sad fuckwit can't comprehend the concept of male priviledge and uses the court to enforce that concept then he deserves all the egg that lands on his face.

Good luck pursuing this in a UK court.
Biffer

Guy Smiley wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:17 pm
Biffer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:41 pm

This is the case involving Mona, in Tasmania?

The artist set up an exhibit deigned to illustrate the restrictions faced by women, I think... and it was reserved as a women only space. Part of the overall thrust of the installation, I believe. Along comes a bloke from another state who decides he has been discriminated against because he can't enter the exhibit.

This is deeply ironic, of course.

The court upholds his complaint...

(Mona is a private gallery / museum which has made something of a name for itself by hosting work that challenges mainstream thinking)

so the artist, who may be married to the owner of Mona if I recall correctly, has come up with what looks like a pretty humorous and decent riposte.

If some sad fuckwit can't comprehend the concept of male priviledge and uses the court to enforce that concept then he deserves all the egg that lands on his face.

Good luck pursuing this in a UK court.
I’d only passed the story by, didn’t realise it was in NZ, but your justice system is based on the UK one, so I think they may work to that principle as well. It’s better than being similar to the US one!
inactionman

It's in Australia

The issue came about as the man who raised the complaint paid to enter the gallery to see some works by Picasso - which the gallery holds and advertises - but was prevented from doing so by reason of gender.

The work of art being that he was restricted by reason of gender.

From the original court case:
"Part of the experience is being denied something that is desired," said Mona's counsel, Catherine Scott, according to local paper The Mercury.

Women have often been side-lined from places of power or prestige, and the exhibit was inspired to correct an imbalance which existed at Mona, says Ms Kaechele, whose husband owns the museum.

"It excludes men, and I would be lying if I were to say I didn't find it titillating," she told the hearing, according to The Mercury.
It's not necessarily being denied something desired, it's being denied something paid for. They offer a publicly-facing service, and they expect payment for this service which they have no intention of providing.

And Ms Kaechele's comments are those of a headcase. Titillated by someone being excluded. Not a good look, and all very self-indulgent.
Guy Smiley

inactionman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:35 pm
And Ms Kaechele's comments are those of a headcase. Titillated by someone being excluded. Not a good look, and all very self-indulgent.
The whole point of the exhibit is to highlight exclusion based on gender.

Biffer, do I seriously need to point out that Tasmania is not in NZ?
Kiwias

Today I found out that panda dogs are not actually pandas.

Biffer

Guy Smiley wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:24 pm

😂 No, but I think it demonstrates just how much I care about this story
inactionman

I think most people get it (both the point of the exhibit, and that Tasmania is not NZ).
Sandstorm

inactionman wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:10 am

I think most people get it (both the point of the exhibit, and that Tasmania is not NZ).
Dracula lived in a castle in Tasmania.
BnM

TB63

TB63

Enzedder

Meanwhile - it's our first morning into the minuses.

Although I quite like a brisk walk in the morning frost.
I drink and I forget things.
fishfoodie

Tech can be such a double edged sword, & SM particularly so, but I've spent the last couple of hours watching surfing videos on YouTube, & it occurred to me that for decades we've been immensely impressed by David Attenborough & his teams nature productions, but now the means of producing 10-15 minute slices of perfection are possible to most of us.

You can tell from his body language as he exits the tube that he is overwhelmed, & the video from the tail of the board puts you right in their with him.